Chapter Five

"I think nothing about them. Why?"
Debola replied her message the next day.

Lara was idly scrolling through her timeline
when the message entered and she rushed to reply.

"Well, I meant how do you feel about it?"

"As Christians, we both know that it is a great sin in front of God. Why all these questions?"

Lara's heart sank when she read her friend's reply, she didn't know what she else she was expecting but she felt really downcast by the answer.

"Oh nothing, I was just wondering."

"What of you, what do you think about it?"

"Maybe it's just the way I am but I don't see anything wrong with it. I think you love the person not the gender."

"It's true but you know the Bible teachings. This one you're sounding like this, have you fallen in love with a girl?"

The question came as a surprise to Lara and she had to pause for a while and collect her thoughts.

"Lol, no. That's not possible."

"Okay sha, got to go. Will talk to you later."

Lara pondered over the chat again  wondering if she answered her friend truthfully.

She wasn't in love with a girl, was she? She was straight, she just broke up with her boyfriend and she pretty much enjoyed the relationship.

She unconsciously strayed towards Ronnie's profile for the umpteenth time that day, reading her tweets and viewing her pictures.

'I can't be gay, can I? I like boys' she thought.

'Then why does the picture of this tall, slender girl in male and baggy dressing make me feel things only boys are supposed to make me feel?' She was really confused.

"Is it normal to feel attraction for both males and females?" She Google searched, seeking for answers. Series of answers pulled up on her feed and she clicked on the most explanatory one.

   'As a lesbian, I've had so many girls walk up to me and tell me they were attracted to me but didn't understand the attraction cause they were straight. Or so they thought. Safe to say, I had to explain to them that it's perfectly normal and that they were bisexual or maybe just bi curious.
  Bisexuality is when you feel attracted to  both male and female genders, though attraction to one may supersede the other.
  Bi curiousity, as the name implies, is when a straight or homosexual person has some curiosity or openness about having sexual activity with someone of the sex they do not favor.
   I hope your doubts have been cleared and  your feelings sorted.'

"Bisexuality", she said aloud. Was that was she was?

*                   *                   *                   *
Bisexual hmmm?
Don't forget to vote & comment guys 💕