Unattainable Love

All at once, my heart threatens to leap out of my chest and fall onto this grimy floor. The realisation was shocking and it brought a real sense of thievery to this whole situation.

I had known of my parent's death for a while now, but knowing that Three had been torn from a loving home as much as I had been—only this time the First Order had left a young sibling always searching—made it all the more sadistic and cruel.

There isn't a person alive who doesn't fear being closed in, fear being trapped in darkness, fear the monsters who cage us with fear itself; and Arion had spent her whole life knowing Three was out there somewhere, which was an even worse torture to her soul than fear.

Meanwhile, Three's memory of her sister who longed for her return, was ripped from her mind like a bandaid.

When the walls close in, I want to curl my hands into fists and punch right through them. I know they aren't moving but unless I can find distance to will my feet to move, my mind searches for ways to escape with all the methodology of a bouncing ball.

My stomach lurches, adrenaline pumps and I want to scream to let out all the fear that's been building inside me for so long. I want to yell so loud it becomes not only a cry of fear but a roar of someone who's life has been forged by lies, and only lies.

Shoving the photograph and paper beneath a box that sat in the corner, I hurried back through the vent before I passed out from this panic. Without even caring to check if anyone was outside before opening the hatch, I slide the pane over, the metal screeching against the wall as it did so.

Leaping out of the hole and sliding the pane back closed, I fall against the wall as fast as it had hissed back into place.

Streaming tears cleansed my reddening cheeks. Few droplets remained, forgetting their way as the path was swept from beneath them, consequently blurring my vision with waves of sadness from the broken destiny that the First Order had provided.

Arion was Three's sister. It all made sense now.

From the moment I had met Arion, she had tried to pry information out of me—and in the end, it was all just to figure out the whereabouts of her sister, whilst helping the Resistance in the meantime.

Suddenly, I hear footsteps rounding the corner and I try to wipe the wet off my cheeks before someone truely thinks I am insane—though, I am grateful nobody was around to see me topple out of the vent in the first place.

"Six?"

Oh, the stars.

Four looked at me with a perplexed expression. A mop of blonde hair framing blue eyes, whilst the bandage was now gone and his nose looked even more crooked than how I remembered—more purple than flesh.

"Hey, Four," I try to muster up a fake smile as I sniffle through the tears that threaten to form.

Leaning my back against the pane, the hole suddenly feels very open as Four makes his way over and sits beside me, ignoring the way the floor had just been freshly cleaned with bleach that could possibly ruin his black uniform.

It seems everywhere I went, I could never get away from my past, and though I may find that comforting most times, seeing Four was like a constant reminder of Three—who he loved so dearly.

If only he knew of what I just saw.

"Are you okay?" He asks, furrowing his brows and noticing the glass above my eyes.

I nod my head, almost too eagerly to be real as I swallow a cry that forms as a harsh lump in my throat.

"Y-Yeah," I smile, the corners twitching downwards slightly, "Why wouldn't I be?"