Chapter 31

"Rai Rai Rai!!" Kayden hopped onto Rai. Rai pulled the child off his back and let him hanging upside down by his legs. "What?" Rai growled playfully. "Nothing, just wan away from daddi," he smiled cheekily. Before Rai could ask what happened, Adrian came running towards them and attacked Kayden. They somersaulted to the floor but Adrian wrapped Kayden with his arms so he would not get hurt. "Ran away to Rai, huh?" Adrian begin his tickle attack. The child screamed and begged to be let go as he giggled and trying to take a breath at the same time.

Rai just stared at the scene infront of him. It had been few months since he had been here. It took him awhile to actually gain the family's trust. He told everything about himself and why he became a hunter.
-------------------------

"For now, get out of this house."

Rai wanted to protest but he knew better. He complied. He bid goodbye to Adam but the vampire insisted on escorting him to a nearby hotel. Rai realized he did not packed his clothes enough for him to stay long since this event was not planned. "Hey Adam," Rai called out. "Yeah?" "What is your brother? He mentioned about him being a hybrid. I mean I heard of it but I thought it was rare since the mother always dies," Rai said.

"Well papa was a 1000 years old vampire, a master and strong one too. While Adda, he was a strong alpha," Adam said. "Wait. Your Adda is the tattooed guy? That's your brother's mother? And an alpha? Wow, there must be a lot of pride scarring happened between them," Rai laughed a bit.

"Well it was tough for Papa at first since Adda was so difficult to submit plus, he had a super crazy girlfriend. Turns out, she had been working with the Mohinas. A lot of shits happened. And then, well, Adrian found out that his mate was the adopted son of the Mohinas' leader. It was really really tough at first but turned out, the kid was controlled by his adopted mother. We helped him and he stayed with us. Cheeky kid I'll tell ya. But he died sacrificing himself to save us," Adam looked down, imagining how it feels to lose a mate at a very young age.

"But your brother didn't die? He lost his mate," Rai asked. "And her we are, you, being his mate. He didn't die probably because of that. He knew deep down, he had another mate. The mate before was to satisfy his wolf. That wolf was a dominant one. But Andy, the vampire, well he, he can be as cute as a puppy," Adam smiled. Adam told everything about Adrian, even about Marco and Andy. It was a bit weird for Rai at first but he began to know more and more about his mate so he had a grasp on how to handle and woo his mate.

Time passed and Adrian decided to give a chance to the bear. They meet up outside the territory everyday. He also needed to calm his vampire. They talked and planned on how to handle this since Vlad obviously hated this man to the point of killing. "What happened between you and Papa?" Adrian asked, straight to the point.

"Like I told you before, your father's children were not as, 'noble' as he was. He lived a thousand year, just how many children did you think he had? He was one of the founder. He is one of the council. And he was also one of the vampire that spreaded his disease like wild fire. He was greedy at first, turning at every chance he got. But he couldn't control that many newborns. Newborns are wild and only driven by their hungers. It was like a massacre. I had to kill them. Or the other creatures would be in danger. The newborns were too stubborn to learn to control or even learn about territories. M-my... My village.... Half of them were killed by them," Rai stopped and took a deep breath.

" so it was revenge?" Adrian asked. "No, I was a part of the council too. I was The Executioner. It was voted unanimously. I was only to kill the ones that was on killing spree but leave the ones that can control themselves even a little. Erik was one of the ones that I left. But most, I had to. Since then, the council created a hunter group for the creatures, though were opposed by many. They called us traitors.