(16) "Proving Yourself"

So sorry for the delay! Between COVID and a few other things, writing just hasn't been my priority. But I'm here now! And I'm determined to see this story through :)
(Warning, No experience with the dark web. Accuracy may be off) (Explicit content) ---If I've written like a dumbass forgive me, wanted to push this out asap.

Also follow signatureessencee2 (my backup)
just in case I randomly get deleted. It happens and you'll be confused and won't know where to find me.

I hadn't known how to access the part of the dark web Dean had gone to but I can say that I was glad that I didn't. There were things you'd never want to see on there, gut wrenching things. Did you know that you can pay for access to someone's name, number, and address? Do you know how crazy that is? I've witnessed so much craziness and so far, no sign of Darlah. I'd actually just began giving up at the thought of someone having bought her.

"Got it, see there's a picture of her already." He clicks on what seems to be a profile and the picture makes me want to barf. Darlahs eyes were bloodshot as if she'd been crying non stop. And her eyes... you could just tell that she was scared. The Darlah I knew was brave and could handle anything. But who can handle being séx trafficked?

"Age:16, Height:5'5, Name:Darlah Waters, Hair:Brown, Eyes:Blue, Virgin:Yes. We are only willing to accept cash through meetup. If you are interested, contact for more details" He reads her description to me. I want to vomit, But maybe I'd said that already. They were listing her as sixteen even though she was twenty, and they were listing her as a Virgin which I doubted she was.

"Darlah's not sixteen..."

"Darlah's not a virgin." I add disgusted at how they market girls as vírgins even if they weren't. It seemed to be a dirty ploy to sell them quicker.

"Actually..." he trails, I snap my head toward him in shock. I hadn't expected him to comment on what I said. What did he know that I didn't?

"She is a Virgin. She's told me she never had séx and wanted me to be her fírst time."

"And what? You didn't jump at the chance to take it?"

"Sarah, really? Now?"

"Sorry"

  "Besides, you know the only person I want to fùck is you." Something about that put a smile on my face. I guess you could say that I was a bit jealous of Darlah. I can admit it now that he's got me feeling all giddy, even though I knew that sometimes men just said things. He was right. Now was for important Darlah related things. Anything else could wait.

There's a pause of silence between us and he continues to scroll on the page. There was meetup location to get her, and it required 11,000 cash. My eyes widened at that.

"Who the fück has that much money?! You'd have to be filthy rich!" I exclaim, stunned at how much she costed. I guess I should be stunned at how you could even put a price on a human being, but when you did... sheesh.

"Which most of the sickos to partake in séx trafficking are." He says absentmindedly, squinting at the screen. I felt kind of queasy at the fact that he was using my laptop to do this. What if I get in trouble with the FBI for lurking this site? There'd be no explaining this.

We deviated a plan on how to get Darlah. Most of these meet ups required cash only so I'll have to pretend somehow like I had the money. Dean set up for someone to drive me up to an abandoned building in the middle of nowhere, I couldn't even describe it. The safety plan was to get alone with Daniel and Kaden, they'd recognize me and know what I'd been there for.  They would propose deals and I would deny each until there was one that meant they'd be bringing me and Darlah home. The plan seemed weak, but it's all we had.