(20) "Let Me Help You"

Warning... smut!

My eyes opened just when it seemed to be nearing sunrise and I see a shadow figure approaching the bed. In an instant, I sit up. My heart pounds and my body experiences a cold sweat. I was way too senseless to form any thoughts or comprehend what was going on but I just started in fear until...

"Lie down, it's alright." It was Dean. For some reason, I didn't feel any better. I wondered what he'd been through to save me from some pain. I knew it wasn't going to be okay if I asked him.
I do as he said and lie back down and pull the sheets over myself. When he walks over to the bed and climbs into it I'm reminded of all of our night's cuddling. I thought I was in lóve with him. I thought I could spend the rest of my life with him. How bizarre.

I feel him snake his arm around my waist and I think to ask, "Why didn't you just turn invisible?". If he had, he wouldn't have to deal with any of this. "I do that and you're the one who suffers more because of it. I do that and Daniel will be furious with the only half of this love he can get." This love? My heart flutters at the thought of him thinking of us as two halves of a whole. That was cute. But again, this was bizarre. How could he convince me he cared about me when he got off on hurting me? I just didn't understand it.

"Where's Daniel by the way?" I murmured trying to ignore what he said about the love thing. I'd realized he probably felt the same way he did before I left. I was the one who started to feel differently. I realized that Dean's touch around my waist was warming up. That meant his mood was lifted as he held me. I'd wondered how I was able to get this much without Daniel interfering.

"In the basement checking things out. He promised me that he'd let you heal up for a day if he could have me in the morning. I don't know what he's planning." Dean begins to grow cold and I move from in front of him standing up. I didn't like how he acted when cold. I didn't know if he could control himself.

"I'm sorry you had to go through that with your rápist again. I know that it must be degrading seeing as you aren't even attracted to men." I shakily say feeling wide awake. I doubted I could go back to sleep now.

"It is. But with the deal every night I get to come to bed to you, what's better than that? Wait, why'd you get up?" He sits up as well and I feel as if I'd die of shock. I wasn't sure if it was the dark room or what I've been through with Daniel but I was completely on edge right now. Reasonably I was scared.

"Whenever you're upset you get cold to the touch. Whenever you're in a good mood you're much warmer."

"So?"

"You're usually angry at me when you're cold." I murmur wishing suddenly I could sleep on the roof or something. There was a feeling in the pit of my stomach ever since I've come back. I needed to get out of here but I wanted to do Dean the favor of figuring out how to free him before I did.

"I'm upset at him. I love you. Now come here before I do get mad at you." He motions me over to him. He pulled the sheets off of him so that I could slip in in-front of him before he pulled the covers over us both laying down once again. I leave my back facing him but he was still very cold to the touch. But I couldn't anger him.

"Can we talk freely?" I ask, "Yeah we can, go for it." He replies softly.  I inhale the air in an attempt to relieve myself of my anxiety. I had no such luck though.

"Dean, when Daniel punished me I realized something. You do the same thing to me... and you learned it from him. " I shudder wondering how he'd take it. It was the truth, so hopefully not too badly.  He sits up, " Woah, woah, woah. It's not the same. Daniel does it because he wants to see people in pain under his hand." And so do you.