-7-

"Hello?"

"Saxsena! It's me!" an excited voice introduced itself.

"Oh! Hey, how are you?"

"Awesome!" he chipped back.

"You seem to have news by your squeaky voice?" he questioned.

"Smart-ass! Sure, I do. I have an opening position here for her. Everything is set as per plan. You just have to bring it all together.

"Bring it all?" he questioned.

"Yup. Bring her and her big inhibitions here and then, we'll take over." The voice beamed in confidence.

"You sound too sure of all of this. Are you sure there won't be any collateral damage? You know it's ..."

"Everything with her is risky! I know that. But, dud I promised your dying soul that we'll do this. Everything is full-proof. I'll bare my neck this time if things go wrong. There won't running away from or turning back this time. She'll be stuck, stuck like glue!" the voice

"It better be as you say, or you know the consequences.." a threat came back.

"Oh the consequences! I'm scared." The voice laughed and a girl's echo came from the background. "Chal, I have to go. Just text when you wanna get going with this. I'm all up and ready whenever. Byee!"

---------

-Dehradun-

"Abhi uth!"

"No way, Aru! I am tired!"

"Abhi, its night! Dinner?" Aryaman shook him off the bed.

"Idiot, I am telling you I am sleepy! Just shoo off!" Abhimanyu rubbed his eyes and threw a pillow towards Aryman.

"Abhi beta!" Mrs. Gonzalez's voice chirped instead.

He opened his eyes and looked towards the door where Mrs. Gonsalvez stood holding his pillow.

"Aunty, aap!" he shuddered. "Sorry!" he apologized hoping he hadn't hit her and look around to see Aryaman standing far away from where he aimed.

"Are it's okay, bacha! Tumhara nishana bohot kharab hi!" she laughed and entered the room settling herself near him on the bed. She caressed his cold face, baggy eyes and ruffled his hair. Abhi closed his eyes receiving the motherly embrace and laid his head in her lap.

"Abhi!" she cannoned. "Are you okay?"

"I'm tired." he mumbled.

Aryaman came near him and bounced on the bed besides the duo. "Ho! Aunty, dekho kya zamana hi- pura din ghar par band hota hi aur see, with no exercise kitna dubla patal ho gaya hi! Bistar par bethe bethe thak gaya bechara!"

"I know right!" Mrs. Gonsalvez giggled along.

"Ya, aaj aata mein laya, rice ka bag meine uthaya, suitcases humne charde and he is so tired by all of that!" Aryaman mocked and rested his head too in Mrs. Gonsalvez lap.

"I'm not tired, okay!" Abhimanyu jumped right up and sat scrunching his nose.

"Really?" Aryaman mocked dramatically, "See aunty, he is so tired that he forgot what he said moments ago!"

"No, I'm tired.. but I'm not.." Abhimanyu stammered explaining himself.

"Then, why don't you guys go out to find her! Akhir kar, mein andhi nahi hu; tum dono ka maan nahi lagata uske bina. Why don't you go out, take a break from your treachrous work-life here and find her! And it's not like the school has stopped sending those buckets full of mails and children everyday to bring their "Nandini miss" back. I just don't understand why haven't you gone till now?"