-20-

-Mumbai-Goa Highway-

Their car swished around the round-abouts and empty roads until they reached an intersection that forced them to make a decision between the car that roamed ahead and their hunt back to Mumbai. Aryaman paused at the intersection for moments, letting the car ahead choose its path and then turned back to face the relaxed passenger he carried.

"To follow or not to follow, Abhi?" he said in an ancient tone.

Abhimanyu lifted his arm from his face and turned towards him, "You mean to say that car?"

"Yes!"

"Interesting, I thought we were going to the Church since little Aru wanted to listen to stories!" Abhimanyu teased.

"Well, baby Aru is now sleepy and trash. So choose!" Aryaman snapped back.

"For the love of god!" Abhimanyu rolled his eyes when an abrupt acceleration pulled him down from the backseat onto the floor. His complaint made matters worse as Aryaman accelerated further, the needle edging to 105 km/hr.

"Aryaman take it slow. Where the hell are you turning?" Abhimanyu barked as his complaints went unheard to Aryaman who suddenly drove.

"Mumbai for a stay!" he smirked.

"But, I thought we were follow..." Abhimanyu stuttered.

"Wow!" Aryaman said in disbelief. "Now you decide when things don't go according to what you wished in heart! I thought you didn't believe me!"

"Get a life!" Abhimanyu retorted as he swayed in the car's speed.

"Jese ko tesa! You should have thought before near-bumping the car in the tree!"

------

-St. Mary's Chruch-

The evening wrestled in among the grey clouds and the dawn of the night. An uncomfortable humidity with heat surrounded. But, as emotions and weather would have it, Nandini was on her own beat.She had parked her car in an empty lot and stared back at the known place where she started from- St. Mary's church.

Her feet didn't drag her towards the burials this time, certainly even they knew she was buried in enough. Her thoughts and her needed light. She needed a confrontation with herself. Her feet took her along from the stoned path into the marbled floor where rows of benches awaited happy and sad souls and the candles' light melted away like life's time. She settled down, taking in the aura wishing only one thing, to stop at one thing. To halt this rush of emotions, the happenings around her, to give her a break from herself and may be let her be.

Her list of wishes, as she perceived, was interrupted with a soft touch that wiped her rolling tears she was unaware of. Her eyes opened slow adjusting to their sudden encounter with light. The figure's appearance stabilized a bit and she blinked for the last time to clear any haze.

"You know why we cry?" A fatherly voice asked her.

Giving the question a sincere thought, she replied unsure, "An over rush of emotions?"

"It's not a stampede! That's death." He calmly denied her answer, "wanna try again?"

She reluctantly nodded her head and a warm hand caressed her head,

"Cause that's only when we let go knowingly and trust ourselves with whatever we just allowed to roll down in form of these tears was right. We don't ever give it a thought again. We cry, we let go of an incidence and then forget about it. Grow out of it and take a step forward to something else, good or bad."