-39-

"Kaka, tell dad I'm going out! I'll be back later!"

His jiggled his car keys whistling away like it was any other day. She had done enough, his sobbing won't bring her back or take her away. One didn't care but for her, he cared too much while the other who cared, he had cared too little for.

He swung the car door open, ruffled up his jacket sleeves like any other day and hopped in the car. The stars shined above and wished they would be with him while he made his way through the night. 

------- 

-Mumbai: Murthy house-

"Abhi, open the damn door will you! I've got to go."

"I'm opening. I'm trying okay. Hold it"

"Hold it? You hold it for an hour and tell me. You idiot didn't want to stop anywhere."aryman jumped arpund the doorstep, "It's a freaking 3 hour journey any human person would want to go. "

" Any human person would want to go... naha naha.." Abhimanyu wiggled himself imintating Aryaman's compromised position.

"We stopped okay. We stopped at the Mumbai train station. You didn't want to freaking go there. Not my fault. Now hold it."

"I'm. That's all I can do okay."

"Technically, not.." Abhimanyu smirked his voice on the edge as naughtiness crept in his stomach.

Aryaman looked over onto his shoes and glared back at him when Abhimanyu wetted his lips to hide away his smile,

"I said hold the flashlight straight warna I won't be able to open this 5 month closed door to this villa okay."

"Ughh.." Aryamans rolled his eyes and stared as Abhimanyu wiggled the keys into main door lock.

"Smiles suit you, Abhi."

Abhimanyu looked up from the lock and read through, "ja ve flirt."

------

-Mumbai: Malhotra Mansion-

"Uncle, uncle."Aliya's voice knocked at Mr. Malhotra's office door. 

"Come in, Aliya. You don't have to knock you know."

"I know but, nothing's like before uncle. Everybody has closed doors, closed hearts. I'm afraid to knock anywhere."

"Not on this Aliya. Chahe Fab 5 kuch bhi kare, irrespective of what Manik does. Always remember this old man always has a heart open for all you kids. You may have not grown up in front of me but, I have grown with all of you." Mr. Malhotra caressed the frown on her forehead.

"Now tell what's up?"

"Nothing much. I was looking for that son of yours. Wanted to give him his daily dose of 2 cents of mind!"

"Ah.. he" Mr. Malhotra sighed, "he slept off and then, well, kaka told me he saw him go somewhere. He wasn't keeping well. I wonder where he went after that."

"Oh."

Mr. Malhotra studied her for a bit. Her eyes were lowered, her hands fidgety.

"Why?"  He questioned.

"What?" She looked up.

"Do you love him still?"

"Of course I do." She replied. "Manik's been a friend, a brother to me ever since."

"Of course he has, of course. But, my question was why are you pertinent to rectify him? "

Aliya furrowed her eyes, "cause he is my friend. "