Chapter 7

Since Christmas, Clair and Severus had continued sharing kisses whenever they could. Late at night? Sure. While studying? Most definitely. In the dark corridors of the Hogwarts? Oddly also yes. Never in public though. If the Marauders found out, oh who are we kidding, if Sirius Black found out, he would blow a casket. Sure, Clair was a Slytherin but he wouldn't be able to stand the thought of Snivellus having a girlfriend, let alone the girl who Sirius considered to be a sister. The pairs relationship was never exactly defined but nevertheless it was kept in secret. It was hard enough keeping it hushed when he would show up with hickeys splayed all over him, and they definitely did NOT go unnoticed by the Marauders. How much longer it would last in quiet was a mystery because the Yule Ball was in about a week and a half. Severus wanted nothing more than to ask Clair but that would basically put an even bigger target on his back than there already was. Of course he liked her and all the things she did for him. He would even go so far as to say he felt more than just a liking towards her, though he never actually said it to her. He never thought he would be making this decision and normally would regret it but this girl made him act like a bloody moron. He took a deep breathe and marched right up to his tormentors, clearing his throat to get their attention. The four boys turned, eyeing him up. There was no turning back now.
"To what do we owe the pleasure today, Snivellus?", Potter crossed his arms as he pretty much spat the question at the boy.
"I'm going to take Clair to the Yule Ball, I've yet to ask her but I'd prefer if we could put our differences aside for one night so she can have a nice time.", Snape said, looking at each of the boys as he made his statement. To say they were shocked was an understatement, the snake just came up to them and told them what to do like it was nothing. The boy whom they'd always bullied just came up to them and didn't flinch or back down amongst the glares they gave him. Sirius was the first to snap out of shock.
"Yeah? Well if she LETS you take her, sure, we'll play nice but only for our friend," he took a step towards the raven haired boy before continuing, "and if you hurt her, I swear to Merlin, I'll fix that crooked thing you call a nose, am I clear?", Sirius was in Snape's face by the time he was finished but Severus was not going to back down. He simply made a nod and walked away. One might think he got the hard part over with but no, he actually had to ask her now and that was the most difficult thing. All of the sudden his thoughts were interrupted with a hand grabbing his cloak and dragging him into a dark corridor behind a banner on the wall. Before he knew it, the lips of the girl who flooded his thoughts were pressed against his in a sloppy, needy manner. He had no time to prepare, he had to do it right now. He didn't even notice that he wasn't kissing her back, he was so mortified to ask her the simple question. Clair pulled away looking up at him.
"What's up with you today, Sev?"
"Clair, I have a very important question to ask you"
"Okay, go on", curiosity filled her eyes as she stared at him. He took a deep breath and gently laid his hands on her hips.
"Will you maybe, go to the Yule Ball with me?", he made eye contact with her, struggling to keep his composure as she cracked a small smile.
"You wanna go with me? You're not worried about the boys?"
"I already took care of that and had a little talk with them.", she cracked an even bigger smile at him as he said that and smacked a big kiss on his mouth, along with a quick embrace.
"Of course I'll go with you! I can't believe you actually talked to the boys just for me!"
"Anything for you...", he smiled at the small girl and leaned down, placing a short, sweet kiss on her lips before planting one on her forehead. Neither of them knew that the Marauder's already knew something was up. The boys hadn't told Clair that they'd seen the pair together quite often on the map. No matter how much they'd despised the greasy dungeon bat, they did NOT wanna face the hell that was Clair's temper. The pair went back to Snape's dorm to study and talk in peace. They laid together as they both read in silent before Clair looked over to the tall raven headed boy. She stared for a bit before he cleared his throat, turning to look at her.
"Staring is rude love", he smirked slightly as he laid his book in his lap, she looked back down at her own lap and fiddled with her hands.
"Well I was just.....I just didn't know what color I should wear to the Yule Ball...", she continued fidgeting around, not making eye contact with him. He placed his fingers under her chin and gently tilted her head up so they were looking at each other, still having that same cocky smirk laid upon his face.
"Well you know you look absolutely ravishing in green.", he said referring to their house colors, his voice was so silky as he said it. It was the most flirtatious he had ever been with her and frankly she was in shock. When it finally fully registered what he'd said, Clair giggled and rested her head on his shoulder.
"Oh, you flatter me, Sev..."