Chapter 14

Warning!! Drinking, so much drinking also sorry if this chapter is like too short
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The week had passed by pretty quickly for the couple given that they didn't have classes. It was Friday so they had another two days off before they had to return to class on Monday. Clair had mostly been acting normal again besides spacing out here and there. Currently, she was walking down the hallway with the Marauders on her way to meet up with Sev.
"You absolutely have to come Clair! This party is gonna be sick and it'll take your mind off things.", James said as he walked beside her.
"Fine fine but I'm bringing Severus with me so I'm not stuck with you hooligans." She said as she flashed the boys a smirk then exited the castle to meet up with Severus at his beloved Whomping Willow. He looked up and before he could even greet her she said
"The boys want us to go to this party tonight."
"Why?", he asked almost sourly
"They think it'll take our mind off things and help us de-stress ourselves", she said sitting down next to him. He pondered over it for a minute before nodding. That could be a good idea to help his love relax and unwind even if he wasn't very fond of parties or people in general. Before he knew it, there they were, stuck in a sea of sweaty drunken (mostly Gryffindor) witches and wizards in a dimly lit room. Severus had kept his hands around his girlfriends waist as to not lose her in the crowd and also because she was the only person who made him comfortable in this setting. He was interrupted from his thoughts as she pulled him through the crowd to the makeshift bar where the Marauders stood.
"Clair! You're here!", Sirius exclaimed, pinching her cheek lightly before getting his hand slapped away.
"I know you can't drink as much as me, but I know you can put down a few. It's gonna be a fun night", James said as he chuckled softly at the short girl.
"Is that a challenge James?", she scoffed playfully at the boy before continuing
"I BET I can drink you under the table."
The music stopped and all eyes were on the group of friends. Everyone wanted to see this small girl out drink James Potter. And by Merlin she was ready to do exactly that. A table was moved to the middle of the room so everyone could get a good view of the shit that was about to go down. Clair and James stood across from each other at the table, shots in front of them; Severus stood behind her while the rest of the Marauders stood behind James.
"Scared Potter?", she said throwing a smirk at her friend as she grabbed onto her shot glass.
"You wish!" James said and chuckled softly at her as he grabbed onto his. The pair began throwing back shot after shot of fire whiskey for what felt like hours in front of a crowd of rowdy drunk teens.
By the time the pair were done, James was on the floor with his hand up on the table trying to find his cup, glasses lopsided on his face and Clair was surprisingly still standing, barely though. So I guess you could say she DID technically win. The boys helped James up off the floor and lead him out of the party to their designated dorm Severus gently grabbed onto Clair's waist and arms and did the same. He gave up on her walking back as he was already basically dragging her so he hoisted her on his shoulder and carried her back to his dorm where he knew Lucius could help him help her. As he was about to set her down on the bed so she could sleep, he noticed she had this look on her face. He just knew she was gonna be sick any minute so he carried her to the attached bathroom and rested her on her knees with her face near the toilet bowl. Before he could even get a word out or ask if she was okay, the poor girl was vomiting. He gently signed and held her hair back.
"Rough night then was it?", Lucius leaned against the bathroom doorway with a cup of water, handing it over to Severus so he could feed it to her after she was done.
"I don't know why she did that to herself....", Severus said as he was still holding back his lover's hair and rubbing her back.
"She's just in pain so she acts out and parties and puts on this façade so people on the outside don't really see the sadness she holds. You know before you came into her life Severus, Clair was actually quite a miserable person. This is just how she's coping with the incident that happened last week.", Lucius stated then left the doorway. That did make sense, Lucius had known her for a really long time so he would probably know better than Severus did. Plus poor Severus was awkward, with everyone really not just his girlfriend. Frankly, he was surprised he even had a girlfriend. He was snapped out of his inner monologue by soft sobs. When he looked up he saw Clair with her face rested against the toilet bowl crying.
"I'm sorry you have to deal with me being a mess. I just love you so much.", Clair said between sniffles.
"Hey hey....I love you too....now let's get you cleaned up and go to bed.", Sev stated softly as he cleaned her face, feeding her the water, also,  helping her to brush her teeth and change her clothes. He lead her to the bed and blew out the lantern, cuddling up with the girl. He'd never normally show anyone this soft side of him, hell, not even his mother but with her it was different. She just gave him this warm feeling and made him feel safe and loved and important.
"I love you Sev...." she whispered softly before light snores were heard from her. He gently kissed her head and pet her hair.
"I love you too Clair....more than anything.", he whispered back before getting comfortable and falling asleep with his arms around her.