The Date?

*Miles Up Top*

I climb back through my window, and just like I thought, my mother and father were sitting on my bed.

My dad shakes his head. "Eleanor Carter. We saw you get out of that boy's car. We told you to stay away from boys. People are already talking about you."

I roll my eyes. "You guys aren't understanding."

"Oh honey, we understand. We understand that you can't control your teenage hormones. What did that boy convince you to do?" My mom says.

"Ugh. We're not doing anything wrong ma. He likes me and I like him. That's it."

"Why'd you sneak out to see him?" My mom folds her arms.

"You took my phone. I had to tell him what was going on. And it's not like you would've let me out if I asked."

"Well, not only is your phone taken away, but you can't leave this house. Only for school." My father says.

My mom agreeingly nods her head.

"You can't keep me here. In a few months I'll be eighteen. I'll be going to college. Far away from you people."

My dad laughs. "That's what you think." He stands up. "Goodnight sweetheart."

Him and my mom walk out, and I slam the door behind them.

My mom opens it back up. "No closed doors."

I sigh and go to bed.

I wake up to my alarm clock the next day. Suddenly dreading school more than usual.

My dad drops me off at school. "I'll be here at 3o'clock sharp."

I get out and start walking away from the car. "Yeah, whatever."

I go to the hallway where Olivia's locker is, to tell her what's going on. When I turn the corner, she's leaning on her locker, kissing Miles.

I hide behind the wall. I knew that this would happen. But I never prepared myself for the day.

I take a breath and turn the corner and walk over there. "Olive. I have to talk to you. It's urgent."

She pulls away from Miles and smiles at him.

"I'll see you later babe." He winks at her and proceeds to walk away.

"What's up?" She says to me.

"I went to Why Don't We's hotel last night. And I met Daniel."

She smiles. "No way?!"

"Yes, way. Someone sent him a message pretending to be me."

She bites her lip and looks around.

"It was you, wasn't it!?"

"I'm sorry. You really need to change your passwords. I was just trying to help. I knew if things finally came together that you could be happy."

"Well, I thank you." I hug her.

She hugs me back. "Is he amazing?"

I laugh. "Very much so."

3o'clock comes and I finish packing my book bag to go to my dad's car.

I hear someone go, "Psst." I look around and there's a boy in jeans and a black t-shirt with sunglasses.

"Can I help you?" I ask, confused.

He pulls down the glasses a little.

I laugh. Daniel.

I slam my locker and jog over to him. "How'd you get in here? Why are you here?"

He takes my hand and leads me to the back entrance of the school.

"Daniel, my dad's here. I can't."

"You're already in trouble, aren't you?" He smirks.

Yeah, I guess he's right. I shrug. "True. Where are we headed?"

"It's a surprise."

"I don't like surprises."

He chuckles. "You'll like this one."

He leads me out to the back parking lot and to the car that we were in last night. He starts driving and I try to relax.

"You might think it's cheesy for a first date but-"

"Date? This is a date? You never asked."

"Do I have to ask you for it to be a date?"

Damn. I'm defeated again. "How cheesy?"

He laughs. "A little bit."

He pulls into the parking lot of a community center.

I unbuckle my seat belt confused but I follow him inside.

"We're painting."

I laugh. "I'm sorry but, you're joking right?"

He shakes his head. "Again, I know this is creepy but, I saw on your Insta that you like art."

At least he did his research.

I look around and everything is set up. Easels. Paints and brushes. Water containers. Alright. I can do this. I sit down and he sits next to me.

"Am I painting something specific?"

"Nope. It's whatever you want." He picks up a brush and dips it in green.

I stare at the empty white paper in front of me. What do I make? A portrait? An animal? Food? I got it.

About an hour passes and we both have finished.

"I painted a tree." He says, confidently.

I laugh and look. "It's actually really good."

He smiles. "Thank you. You're up."

I clear my throat. "It's a watermelon."

He looks at me and doesn't say anything. I panic in my mind thinking I did something wrong. But then he laughs.

"I love it."

I smile. "This was really relaxing. Thank you."

"You don't have to thank me. Ever. For anything." He says, with a smile. 

I suck at these Author's notes, but, as always, I hope y'all are swell. Also, check out my other story, it is completely different from this but any support is appreciated, ilyyy.