The Doctor and the Client

Y/N's POV

Y/N's POV

No this can't be happening! There must be something wrong with the results. My mom can't possibly be paralyzed. After what the doctor said I fell down on the floor. This is too much to take. My mom is too young for this to happen. I cried, I cried so hard I didn't notice I was engulfed with warmth. I looked up and saw my dad hugging me while tears went down his face.

What did we do to deserve this? My life was a mess. I'm still picking up the pieces of my life. I'm still building myself up when this happens? Why? The doctor was about to leave when my dad spoke: "Doctor what do you suggest we do now?"

He was taken aback and stared at my dad's eyes but continued nonetheless.

"Since the operation was successful, we were able to repair the damaged blood vessel, removed blood from the brain and reduced pressure. We just need to wait for Mrs. Wu to wake up and we will be running some tests to establish a plan for her rehabilitation and adjustment. She may need to stay in the hospital for a week. But for future plans, we might advise for occupational therapy, physical therapy, and speech therapy to help her recover. But it will still depend on the severity of the brain damage."

The doctor came closer while my dad stood up. He held my dad's shoulder then said: "Mr. Wu I know this seems hard and it really is, but I will be with you every step of the way. For further plans, we may need for you as a family to be dedicated and talk about this thoroughly. She can undergo treatment through a rehabilitation center but it requires her to stay at the center. She can also get treatment at home but that would also need more time with the family members. Because we need you to see every treatment. If ever anything happens and we're not around."

After the doctor spoke my dad asked, "Doctor how about the treatments? How long will it take? And how much will they cost?"

The doctor sighed before he answered, "It depends on how frequent she may get the therapy. It's advisable if she may receive daily therapy sessions. She may also need a caregiver who can be with her 24/7. If she gets the treatment daily there is a higher chance that she can recover within three to four months. If not, one or two years is the estimated recovery period. Regarding the expenses, yes it may be a bit expensive."

I cut them off before dad could ask more, "No dad, money is not the issue here. If it's for mom then there's no need to question anything. We will get everything mom needs. If you're needed by her side then so be it! Quit your job dad!"

His eyes went wide after my statement which he didn't take lightly, "No Y/N I can't do that! Where will we get the money for your mom?"

"Dad I can handle this. Just take care of mom, be by her side. Trust me." I firmly said as I stood up.

"Y/N.." He spoke as his eyes softened and looked at me.

"Please dad I beg you." I pleaded.