8. Brain Freeze & Orgasms

The next day, Shaun, Jasmine and I head to school as normal and are stopped by a huge crowed gathering by the front entrance

The next day, Shaun, Jasmine and I head to school as normal and are stopped by a huge crowed gathering by the front entrance. Fifty percent of the hoard appear to be Lincoln students and the other half, reporters.

"Holy shit. Fox News are here!" sequels Jasmin, pointing towards a white van.

"So are the police," states Shaun, gesturing towards the uniformed officers. "Which is a surprise. Don't they have donuts to eat or sumthin'?"

Most of the parking lot has been taped off and is currently being guarded by two detectives. Elliot arrives not long after with Celia, both of them just as confused as us. I manage to catch his eye and send him a silent plea of 'what the fuck?', though he's in no position to reply.

"What do you think has happened?" asks Jasmine, struggling to see past the many people.

Shaun shrugs. "Hopefully it's just precaution."

Only, we all know this isn't just precaution. They wouldn't send police officers in by the dozen as 'precaution'. They wouldn't stop students entering school premises as 'precaution'. Something major has gone down here and judging by the chills prickling my skin, it's bad.

"Would you mind answering a few questions?" asks Linda Carter, approaching our small group.

I instinctively step back, declining her offer. Thankfully, Shaun and Jasmine do too, prompting the reporter and her camera man to poach other–more willing–students. It's bizarre watching her chat to various groups, desperate for their opinion on things. For a differing perspective.

Chloe and Lewis are up ahead, quietly chatting, no doubt speculating. His arm is casually slung over her shoulder; an act of friendship for those who don't know. For those who are ignorant to their situation.

Again, I look to Elliot, keen to go to him. To converse. But I can't.

"Someone's coming," informs Jasmine, pulling my focus away from Elliot.

Mrs Jones appears at the gate–alongside Vice Principle Collins–their faces bleak. Both look as though they've been awake for hours, not a pinch of colour to their cheeks.

"Good morning, Lincoln students," addresses Collins. "As you are aware, messages were sent yesterday, addressed to Principle Wilson."

A few murmurs erupt from students up ahead.

"This is something we–as a school–are taking very seriously. We are working with Oak Valley police department to track down the source and would like to stress that we are making progress." Her demeanour suddenly changes. "Unfortunately, this collaboration comes too late for Principle Wilson who–last night–took his own life."

What the fuck?

"We are deeply saddened by this news and will not be holding classes today out of respect."