Getting back to the Present

Brody's POV

When we landed we all look around to see we are in the same room but everything looks deteriorated and broken "Boy, do I feel dizzy..." Tails said "where are we?" He asks "Oh look who's here! I didn't expect to see you guys" we heard Rouge say and we look back seeing her on the upper level room with Shadow and Bolt "Rouge! Bolt! Shadow!" Tails said "Hi. Long time no see!" Rouge said waving and we all left Eggman's base.

Wow....this place is horrible, it's deserted, the buildings are broken, the ground is completely fallen apart there's lava below, what happened here? "This is the distant future, far removed from our own timeline" Bolt said "The future?" Tails asks "Then that means Eggman's machine can control time!" He said "Eggman's got some nerve dropping us here" Sonic said "Now what to do to go back?" I asked "You need a space-time rift, but this requires a lot of energy" Shadow said "I see. You mean using your Chaos Control will..." I said "Ye, but that alone is insufficient" Bolt said "Okay Shadow, Bolt. It looks like we need to work together" Sonic said and they nodded as we split to look for a Chaos Emerald.

After Sonic and I dash through Crisis City we entered a building "No matter where we go, all we see are ruins" Knuckles said "How can this be our future?" He asks "How could it come to this?" Tails asks when we arrived to a big door and we peeked inside to see Silver and Blitz but they were with two other people first a female cat.

And a weird Shadow look alike.

We couldn't make out what they were talking about but the shadow like guy seemed to have use some power that teleport them all away and then we got inside after they vanished "What the

We couldn't make out what they were talking about but the shadow like guy seemed to have use some power that teleport them all away and then we got inside after they vanished "What the....who was that guy?" Knuckles asks "He looked just like Shadow..." he said as Tails walked to the computer "Th-This is terrible!" Tails said "According to the data, the princess died when she was kidnapped by Eggman!" He said "Apparently Eggman's battleship exploded!" He said "The date of the incident was...two days after the Festival of the sun!" He said "If we don't return in time, history is gonna repeat itself" I said "That means..." Sonic said "Yeah....I think so" Tails said and we gather the data is still intact and go meet up with Shadow, Bolt and Rouge.

*At Flame Core*

"You guys are so slow" Rouge said "Look" she said showing us the green Chaos Emerald "A Chaos Emerald! You found one" Tails said "Well now...I may not look it, but I'm a real treasure hunter" Rouge said "Unlike a certain echidna I know" she said "What?" Knuckles asks glaring at her "Have you guys discovered snything?" Bolt asks "Um, yeah" Tails said "I received a signal indicating there's a Chaos Emerald here, but..." he said pointing at a volcano "You mean we've got to go through there?" Rouge asks "If you don't like it, you can stay here" Knuckles said "You've  got to be kidding!" Rouge said "Don't be late" Sonoc and I said to Shadow and Bolt grinning and they roll their eyes walking past us "Same to you two" Bolt and Shadow said and we all run towards the volcano.

After dashing through the Flame Core we arrived to the inside we see the grey Chaos Emerald floating and Rouge flyes towards it "I've found a Chaos Emerald!" Rouge said "Don't touch it!" Bolt said when a creature emerged from the lava below the Chaos Emerald and Rouge flew back to us "What? What's this?" Rouge asks as we look at the creature and Sonic and I get ready to fight it.

After Sonic and I fought and defeat it we grabbed the Chaos Emerald and I hold it as Bolt holds the one they found "Chaos Control!" Bolt and I said putting the emeralds close to each other and we created a time portal and Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and I jump through it going back to the present.

I hope we can stop history from repeating itself.