Rescuing an Agent

Bolt's POV

Shadow and I have arrived to White Acropolis as a mission from G.U.N to rescue an agent here "Are you okay Bolt? Are you freezing?" Shadow asks "I'm fine Shadow really, why the constant worry?" I ask "I just want to make sure you don't catch a cold" Shadow said rubbing his thumb on my palm making me smile "Relax, I'll be fine how about you?" I ask "I'm fine" Shadow said and I huff "And I'm the stubborn one?" I ask making Shadow chuckle "Okay we'll focus on the mission then I'll get warm cuddling you" Shadow said running off "T-That's not what I-Hey!" I said flustered "Jerk" I mumbled running after him to Eggman's base.

We rescued Rouge who was holding a strange scepter and we started walking away together "Don't you two wanna know what this is?" Rouge asks us "Our assignment was to resue you Rouge" I said "Nothing more" Shadow said "Fine. With you two it's always business" Rouge said when a big dog robot landed infront of us "Seems like they don't want us to leave" Rouge said "They can't try all they want it's pointless" I said as Shadow and I got ready to fight.

After we destroyed that robot we got into one of the control rooms and we could see the map of a country name Soleanna being display "Ah, Soleanna, the city of water. It has a constitutional monarchy, you know" Rouge said "The primary industries are tourism and crafting precision machinery" she said as we look at a painting of a princess "The current sovereign is Princess Elise the third" Rouge said pointing at the painting "Can we skip the history lecture and complete the mission already?" I ask tapping my foot impatiently "Hmph, keep being impatient like that and you'll start sounding like Brody" Rouge said winking and I frown "Blegh, don't even joke like that. I rather die than to be like that wolf" I said crossing my arms amd Shadow chuckles "Calm down. You're cooler than Brody" Shadow said "Of course I am. Thank you" I said "But still why does Eggman's base lead to an odd place like this?" Shadow asks "How should I know?" Rouge asks "So much for being a spy eh?" I ask smirking "Sorry dear, but I just followed my orders and retrieved the item" Rouge said taking out that scepter and I roll my eyes "Anyway, I have a little favor to ask of you two" Rouge said "Could you two escort me to the GUN rendezvous point?" She asks "And where's the rendezvous point?" Shadow asks  "It's the ancient castle of Soleanna, in Kingdom Valley" Rouge said and we nodded.

*At Kingdom Valley*

We went with Rouge to Soleanna and entered Kingdom Valley we start running through the area.

We soon arrived to the extraction point "The former king of Soleanna used to reside in this castle" Rouge said "But a major accident occurred 10 years ago, and no ones lived here since" she said "Accident?" Shadow and I ask "I heard a prototype enemt engine failed, which caused the accident" Rouge said "I think the nmae of the prototype was..." She said when Eggman showed up "The Solaris Project" he said finishing for Rouge "It was an ambitious project named after their sun god" he said "Doctor!" Rouge said "It's been a while my dear Rouge. And of course the couple Bolt and Shadow" Eggmam said "Now, if you'd be so kind as to hand back the scepter of darkness you took from me" He said "You shouldn't have left it out of your sight then" I said and Eggman snapped his fingers and his robots surround us.

One of them fires and we dodge, as Rouge flyes Eggman charges and punches her with a metal arm on the eggmobile making her fall down and dropping the scepter Shadow catches Rouge and I almost got the scepter but  it bearly missed my hand "No...!" Eggman said "I'm sorry Shadow, I'm sorry Rouge" I said "Don't worry" Shadow said when a black light emerges from the scepter paralyzing the robots "It's no use! Pull back, pull back, pull back!" Eggman said flying away as the darkness takes care of the robots and lands infront of Shadowand absorbs his....shadow forming into an exact copy of Shadow almost but his pupils and stripes have a grey look to them and he has no mouth.

"What? His shadow...." Rouge said "Oh, how ironic fate can be!" The Shadow look alike said laughing "I would never have believed I would be resurrected through your shade!" He said "I thank you, Shadow The Hedgehog! And it's nice to see you again Bolt The Wolf" he said bowing "Who are you? And how do you know our names?" Shadow and I asked "I'm Mephiles. Mephiles The Dark" Mephiles said walking closer to Shadow "What, did you two forget me?" He asks sounding offended "I owe much to you both Bolt and Shadow" he said "Oh yes" he said creating a portal on his palm "What you two gave me, I now return to you!" He said "A one-way ticket to oblivion!" He said and teleported us away.

....but to where? And who is this guy?