Visiting the Past

Bolt's POV

We returned to Soleanna in our time but Mephiles was nowhere to be seen "It appears Mephiles is no longer here. I will assist in pursuing him" Omega said "Yeah I'll help too" Metal Brody said and Shadow and I nodded as a GUN agent contacted us to say to look for Rouge in the warehouse so we all headed there.

"Hi" Rouge said as we arrived "It seems Eggman's machines are looking  for you" She said looking at Shadow and me "What did you two do this time?" She asks "I think their are mistaking Shadow with Mephiles" I said and Shadow nodded "What is Eggman up to? Who is Mephiles?" Omega asks "I ask the same as Omega" Metal Brody said "I think Shadow and I will ask him personally" I said and Shadow nodded "Hey wait a second!" Rouge said "We can handle this ourselves. You guus keep track of Mephiles" Shadow said as we ran off.

Rouge's POV

"Hmph. They finally show up again and then they leave before even saying Hello" I said annoyed "Well it seems they haven't changed from the trip" I said "Is this the 'Love' thing you mention Metal Brody" Omega asks "Yeah. Heh you should try it too" Metal Brody said and I chuckled at the thought "My only love is destroying Eggman robots" Omega said "I thought that was your hobby" I said "My hobby is emptying my bullets on Eggman's robots" Omwga said "....we need to take you out some more Omega" Metal Brody said and I shake my head with a smile "This is Rouge. GUN HQ?" I ask on my communicator "Yes, pull all available data on an item called the scepter of Darkness for me" I said.

*Meanwhile*

Bolt's POV

We heard the doctor is travelling on train so we quickly make our way to Radical train.

We go through Radical Train destroy the doctor's train so he wouldn't escape and we break in through the roof of the train "Wouldn't the door have been easier?" Eggman asks "Maybe if you weren't in a moving train trying to shoot us down with your robots" I said "Touche Bolt" Eggman said "So what do you two want now?" He asks "Who is Mephiles?" Shadow asks "And why do you want to capture him?" Shadow asks "If you want to know, you should go find him yourself" Eggman said "But here's a hint...It's all linked to the Soleanna disaster 10 years ago" he said "The Solaris Project" Shadow and I said "Indeed. When you two capture Mephiles, you must bring him to me" Eggman said "Then I'll tell you two the truth about Solaris" he said and we nodded getting out.

On our way back we saw Sonic and Brody being attacked by a Silver Hedgehog and a Light Blue Wolf as the princess was captured by Eggman so we got in the way if the hedgehog and wolf who thought Shadow was Mephiles, we told Sonic and Brody we got it under control and they noddedeaving as we get ready to fight the Hedgehog and Wolf.

We were tired from fighting and the wolf and hedgehog were about to strike when Shadow us Chaos control slowing them down as we evade their punch and kick them on the back "You..." the hedgehog said "Don't bother" Shadow said "With a Chaos Emerald's power, Shadow and I can control time and space. You two can't break free" I said "We can't give up! Not when we are so close!" The two said the hedgehog holding the purple Chaos Emerald and he and Shadow ended up doing Chaos control at the same time making a time portal "You...induced a Chaos Control" Shadow said "We won't let anyone get in our way" The wolf said "We'll change the past and save the world!" The hedgehog said "Then you two are so naive" Shadow said "Huh?" They asked confused "Mephiles isn't trying to help you two create a better future" I said "You two are just his tools" I said "What are you two talking about?" The hedgehog asks "Well..." The wolf said looking unsure "Blitz?" The hedgehog asks "Silver you should had notice too, Mephiles has been to vague in what he says. He won't even tell us why the Iblis trigger wants to ruin the future" Blitz said "And....Something tells me we've been kept in the dark. I'll...trust these two" he said "Blitz.....Okay if you say we should trust them then I will too, honestly I admit Mephiles is keeping something from us" Silver said "To discover what happened, we have to see what happened 10 years ago" Shadow said "Follow us if you want the truth" I said as we jumped in the portal and they jumped in too.

We arrived to some sort of lab and we ran down a hallway when we heard an explosin and ran faster.

We arrived to a room where we saw the duke of Soleanna collapsed on the floor.

And we see a birght ball of fire "Is that?!" Blitz and Silver asked "That flame is Iblis!" Silver said as we see black goo fall from Iblis "And the black goo is Mephiles" I said "That liar! He was part of Iblis all along" Blitz said as the black g...

And we see a birght ball of fire "Is that?!" Blitz and Silver asked "That flame is Iblis!" Silver said as we see black goo fall from Iblis "And the black goo is Mephiles" I said "That liar! He was part of Iblis all along" Blitz said as the black goo turns inti a shadow and runs away as does Iblis "They're escaping!" Silver said "We have to split up. Shadow and I will pursue Mephiles" I said "And we'll pursue Iblis" Blitz said "wait" the duke said bearly getting on his knees holding the scepter of darkness "Seal it with this...." he said as Shadow grabs the scepter and we chase after them.

We sound found Mephiles "Chaos Control!" I said using the Chaos Emerald freezing Mephiles in place "....what?....stop!" Mephiles said "Thanks Bolt" Shadow said and makes the scepter float "Who.....Who are....you....two?" Mephiles asks "I'm Shadow. Shadow The Hedgehog" Shadow said "And I'm Bolt. Bolt The Wolf" I said "Bolt.....Shadow.....Your faces....Your forms....I will remember" Mephiles said as he was being absorbed into the scepter "Your deaths....certain....you two.....will die!" He said as he was fully absorbed and the scepter falls and I grab it.

We walked out to see Silver and Blitz, Blitz holding a young Elise "Did you guys do it?" Silver asks "Yeah" I said "And you two?" Shadow asks "....Yes. The 'Flames' are properly sealed" Silver said and Blitz sets Elise down under a tree and I put the scepter next to Elise "You're going to meave it behind?" Blitz asks "We already messed with the past enough. Besides I don't think bringing the scepter will affect the Mephiles from your time" I said "We all learned what we needed. Time to go back" Shadow said and I nodded taking out the chaos emerald and Silver gave his to Blitz "Chaos control!" We said and opened a portal and used it to return to our time.

Now we have to deal with Mephiles from the future.