Chapter 22

Daryl interrogated Randall and what you thought you knew about his group was nothing. There were 30 of them with guns and they would apparently kill all the men in your group and the women... well you didn't even want to think about that.

Rick told everyone that the threat needed to be eliminated, or in other words, Randall had to die.

As far as you could tell most agreed with Rick, but Dale definitely didn't. The older man ended up storming off when Rick suggested it, leaving the rest of you standing around camp unsure of what to do.

"C'mon, you need to clean those knuckles, can't afford getting an infection in this world." You spoke up, breaking the silence as you looked over at Daryl, his knuckles bloodied as he held his crossbow over his shoulder and he just nodded before he silently followed you.

You walked over to one of the wells, making sure it wasn't the well that had the dead walker inside it. You grabbed the metal bucket beside it and turned it upside down before motioning for Daryl to sit.

"Rick 'n Shane put those bruises on each other?" Daryl asked, breaking the silence.

He sat down on the bucket while you turned the tap on and took Daryl's red rag that he kept in his back pocket and rinsed it in the water.

"Yeah, but I think they have finally sorted out their issues." You replied with a small shrug.

Kneeling down in front of him, you grabbed Daryl's hand and began to wipe the rag gently over his knuckles. Neither of you said anything after that as you cleaned his knuckles, but you could feel Daryl staring at you and you could tell he wanted to say something.

"What is it?" You asked, looking up at him.

"The other day, ya said ya still loved me... did ya mean that?"

"I do, but I know you don't feel the same way, which is fine because I hurt you. I tried doing what was best, but I hurt you and I know you can't forgive me for that and-"

Before you could finish what you were saying Daryl's lips were suddenly captured yours.

For a split second, you just sat there in shock before you melted into his kiss and started to kiss him back.

"I still love ya too." He whispered against your lips.

-

"So, how do we do this? Just take a vote?" Glenn asked breaking the awkward silence as you all stood in the living room of the Greene house staring at each other.

You stood between Daryl and Rick, while your brother stood across the room beside Andrea, watching everyone.

"Let's see where everybody stands, then we can talk through the options." Rick explained, glancing around the group as Shane spoke up.

"Well, where I sit, there's only one way to move forward."

"Killing him, right? I mean, why even bother to take a vote? It's clear which way the wind's blowing." Dale responded, glaring at your brother.

"Okay, then it's done. We'll kill him, end of discussion. Thank you Dale." You spoke up, causing Dale to glare at you instead, but Rick shook his head.

"If people believe we should spare him, I wanna know."

"Couldn't we continue keeping him prisoner?" Maggie suggested.

"Just another mouth to feed." Daryl muttered from beside you.

"He could be an asset! Give him a chance to prove himself, we could put him to work." Dale said, but you shook your head.

"We're not letting him walk around." Rick quickly responded.