Chapter 28

"We have to get her back to the prison."

Someone said causing you to frown because why the hell would you need to go to a prison for?

"They're camp is a prison, it's safe. Where are the rest of your people?" Michonne said, like she could read your mind.

"Oscar's dead. Daryl is missing. Did you see him in there?" Rick questioned.

Wait, Daryl was here? He was still inside Woodbury?

"If anything happens to him-" Rick began to threaten, his eyes locked with Michonne's before she cut him off.

"I bought you here to save them and you'll need my help to get them back to the prison or to go back in there for Daryl. Either way, you need me."

You could sense that Rick and Michonne had some kind of trust issues with each other. She was probably just a stranger to them, but you trusted her.

"We have to get Glenn and Y/N back, they can barely walk." Maggie spoke up.

You quickly shook your head, but instantly regretted. The movement caused black dots to cloud your vision, but you managed to blink them away. Now was not the time to pass out.

"No, I'm not leaving if Daryl is still in there and he won't leave without Merle." You said, speaking up for the first time.

"Rick and I will go back for Daryl. Michonne, you get Glenn and Y/N back to the car and wait for us." Maggie instructed, but you could tell Rick did not like that plan at all as his head snapped back towards Michonne with a stern expression.

"Rick, we'll be fine. Just get Daryl back." Glenn reassured and to your relief Rick reluctantly nodded before he glanced over at you, clearly wanting to say something, but he didn't.

It took over two hours of walking through the woods before you finally reached the car that was parked on the side of the road.

Glenn was beat up badly, but most his injuries were to his face from Merle, so he could walk alright, but you were a little more slower and walked with a limp while Michonne walked beside you, helping you occasionally.

The knife wound through your thigh and shoulder were still bleeding slowly, along with one of the gashes on your forehead when the Governor slammed your face into the wall before he... no, you were not going to think about that. It was over, it doesn't matter.

When you reached the car, Michonne opened the passenger side door and helped you sit down and leant the chair back a little bit for you as you curled up with your knees to your chest and laid there. Michonne stood beside your open door, leaning her back against the car while Glenn sat down on the road.

You could feel Glenn staring at you from where he was sitting, but you didn't say anything to him. You could see the questioning look on his face, clearly wanting to know what had happened to you, but to your relief, he didn't ask.

You must have fallen asleep because the next thing you knew your eyes snapped opened. Lingering nightmares of the Governor washing over you and you quickly realised that it was now daylight. How long were you asleep for?

Slowly you tried to move, but your entire body ached in protest causing you to wince before Daryl appeared beside you.

For a moment you thought you were still dreaming as you stared at the man you thought you'd never see again, his crystal blue eyes staring right back at you.

"Easy. S'okay, just take it easy." He soothed as he gently lifted his hand and cupped the side of your face, taking in all the blood and bruises that painted your body.