What if: Laurens did throw away his shot part 2

Alex's POV

Lee and his second came into view as John and I walked up the hill to the dueling ground.

Was that-

"Alexander!" He waved me over

"Aaron Burr, Sir" I know I looked up to him but honestly, he is everywhere I am. It's like he's obsessed with me or something. Either way I would be polite until he tries me.

How could he be in Lee's side?! Lee was completely in the wrong. Apparently so was Burr.

I went over the ten duel commandments with the 'group'. Burr and I met off to the side as the doctor made sure there was no fighting between the other two, yet...

"Alexander?"

"Aaron burr sir,"

"Can we agree that fuels are dumb and immature?"

I looked at my nails as if I could care less be cause honestly I couldn't. "Sure, but you're man has to answer for his words, Burr" I glared up at him. I may be short but I can sure as hell can beat a bitch up if I had to or wanted to or just felt like it. Hell I could beat up an entire political party if I felt like it...(just you wait just you wait)

"With his life?" He gave me a look that says 'really? Try me bitch' which was something I was willing to do... "we both know that's absurd, sir."

I was getting angry. Who does this bald potato think he is?! I held up my hand in protest, "Hang on how many men have died because Lee was inexperienced and ruinous?" I asked rhetorically.

He held his hands up in retreat at which I smirked. Oh how I love proving people wrong. "Okay okay so we're doing this..."

I sashayed over to John. I put an arm around his shoulder and pointed at Lee. "Look him in the eye, aim no higher. Summon all the courage you require. Then count-" John gave me a sad smile and turned around.
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
Numbest 10 paces

"FIRE" Burr and I both shouted.

The next part happened quickly and impulsively.

At number nine, John was, as he should, still turned around. That was not the case for ex major General Lee. He whipped around at 9 and shot John in the shoulder.

I heard someone scream. John fell to the ground, blood soaking his shirt and the grass.

I looked at Lee and Burr. Burr's eyes were wide and then glared at Lee. Lee looked horrified by what he had just done, like he couldn't believe that he shot John.

To be honest I couldn't quite remember what was going on in my head. All I know is that I'm a soldier with a marksman ability.

I picked up john's gun and shot Lee, right between his ribs. I was a little surprised by how well my shot went, years had been clouding my eyes.

I watched Lee fall just as John had. Burr knelt down to aid Lee and I did the same for John.

Suddenly I heard a horse coming. I turned around and saw the General on his way. Burr, of course stood up and saluted. I did not. I just killed a man but that was fine with me. My best friend, my most favorite person- I mean, not like that but still.

He was gone.

Johns POV

I methodically fiddled with the trigger. Burr and Alex started counting and so I turned back to back with Lee and started to take my steps.

1
I was sweating bullets

2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9-

I heard a gunshot. But it's too early? I must be imagining it. Before I could turn around, I felt a throbbing pain in my shoulder. I felt myself drop to the ground. I heard a scream and shouting. Then another gunshot.

Oh my god was I dead?

There's so much I haven't done!! I wasn't able to lead a soldiers chorus. I wasn't able to make an all black battalion. I wasn't able to tell Eliza, not Alex how I feel.

There's so much I I haven't done. Yeah-

A million things at least.

"Alex-" I croaked but no answer. I felt a force pushing down on my shoulder then something being wrapped around it.

"Come on Jackie- get up. Open your eyes please, John" I heard a sob and then horses coming. I tried really hard to open my eyes but nothing worked. This was like a really bad dream. Yeha a dream!! I'll wake up tomorrow- it'll all be fine!!

But if it's a dream, why can I feel hot tears dropping on my face from someone above me.

Lord, what did I do wrong. I mean I knew I wasn't normal because- because I liked alex so maybe I deserve this.

"Please Jackie-"

I'm sorry Alex. You'll be better off now-

I let myself fall out of Consciousness and the next thing I know, my eyes shoot open. I see Alex and Eliza and, Washington?

What is this?

<><><><><><><><><><><><>

Ok I cried a lot at this but it's okay!! Part 3 coming out today I promise. Now I have to do school uhhhhh

Ok love y'all <3

880 words