What if: Peggy went too?

Peggy PoV

I've grown up reading story's about true love. Mother used to go on and on about soulmates and love. To be completely honest I don't believe in the whole 'it's written in the stars' or 'its meant to be' bullshit. I do know that there's someone for everyone and I knew that I'd have to do my least favorite thing. Wait... For the past 15 years, I've had to wait. And wait, and wait.

Then I met Aaron. I don't think it was written in the stars that him and I would meet one day but when I met him, I felt. I don't know- complete?

God that sounds Cliché but it's true. If there's one thing that Aaron has taught me it's that love is worth waiting for.

That however doesn't change the fact that I'm an impatient person. So, without telling anyone, I packed my bags to go to war. I would be a nurse and tend to the soldiers. I already knew how as I had read some books on it.

I was having trouble closing my suitcase. I don't know why? I only packed the essentials!! Well maybe a little more than the essentials but still! I can't go without my 3 pillows, quilt, 6 dresses, 3 headbands, and 2 makeup kits!! I mean I know I'm not very prim and proper (...) but I'm not an absolute heathen!!

I've Been planning this for all of 2 hours and I know that I won't be aloud on the train if I'm not escorted by a man or as in the army. But then I thought, what if I BECAME a man in the army?!

So I stole a few of John and Alex's uniforms. I tied my curly hair back like John usually has it and bonded my chest. Just for now I WANNA SEE MY AARON!!!

I was about to jump out the window when I heard a soft knock on the door. I hid my bad and myself in the closet and waited for Eliza to drop a few letters on my bed and leave.

I grabbed the letters and shoved them in my bra then jumped out the window :)

I've said I was impulsive before but I mean it's not my fault?!!

~

I had made it into the train with only a few scratches and bruises. Looking around the train car for a place to sit I saw one across from a small man also in a uniform. I should get to know some of the soldiers I will be tending to as a nurse so I sat down there immediately regretting it.

The man looked up mouth agape.

"PEGGY NO!"

Angelica POV

I couldn't see anything. The tears had blurred my eyes. How could he do this to his family, to me...

A few hours earlier

I cautiously opened the letter from Jeffershit and scanned it quickly:

~
Dearest, Angelica Schuyler,

I've hear of your beauty from afar. Though I am currently stationed in France my heart is elsewhere. With you, I'm afraid. I've found myself unable to focus during meetings. You may be thinking, how does this man know what I look like. Well you see, it was many months ago but I believe your family had a trip to France. I only saw you for a mere second but it was enough to fall in love. I am counting the seconds until I may lay eyes apon you again.

Give my regards to your family!

Forever yours,

T. Jeff
~

I rolled my eyes and crumpled up the paper. I met this Jefferson once a year back and he hasn't stopped sending me letters since.

God I wanna slap him with a shoe...