What if: Peggy left too? Part 2

Alex POV

After about an hour of 'talking' to peggy. I decided to give her a break. After all she was just a kid in love. Don't get me wrong I was seething but I understood where she was coming from.

Peggy has fallen deep in love and even though I don't like Aaron, I can't deny her that. Love is love. BUT- that doesn't give her any reason to put her life or her family name on the line.

I just don't think she understands that if she gets caught on this train, her entire family would be in deep shit. Speaking of her family, they were probably worried sick.

I forced her to write and apology letter but she did it wrong so I took the quill and fixed her mistakes. Then I thought that I would be okay because Being a father Wasn't THAT hard.

Peggy POV

I had written

My dearest family,

And he proceeded to scold me and snatch the quill and write the rest of it. I mean I wasn't complaining...

Hercules PoV

A carriage pulled in front of the camp today and we were all a little confused.

Washington, Lafayette, Aaron and I stood at the front with our hands behind our backs ready to see who had pulled up. Soon we saw an odd soldier who had brown curly hair tied down like johns and a uniform. They wore a hat and pulled it down in front of their eyes. Suddenly, he took of the cap and RAN TOP SPEED and tackled Burr.

I suppressed a laugh long enough to see it was... PEGGY?! What the hell was she doing here? It didn't seem like burr knew who was on top of him because he tried to shove her off multiple times. Peggy just clung to him tighter than before.

We looked back at the carriage and saw someone else emerge. I was surprised to see hamilton but honestly I expected this sooner or later. I looked over at Washington and saw him sigh and pinch the bridge of his nose in disappointment.

"Well if it isn't ze tomcat!" I heard a literal French baguette exclaim. Laf engulfed Hamilton in a huge hug. Alex looked surprised but hugged back.

I looked pack at peggy and heard Washington's voice boom from behind me. "Burr, please bring Miss Schuyler to the nurses tent" he still sounded upset and disappointed.

Alex POV

20 minutes later

Washington had lead herc, Laf , and I into his tent.

"I've decided to make some changes due to this," he paused glaring at me, "wonderful surprise". I could hear herc laughing behind me and I knew Laf wasn't far behind.

"Laf was going to go to South Carolina but I think that would be a better job for you Alex, Laf will be repositioned as a spy in Brittan and her will stay my commander" out of the corner of my eye I saw laf grimace but I didn't care. I had a job!!

Burr POV

I did not expect peggy to jumó out of that carriage and I didn't expect to see her this soon but there are such things as pleasant surprises. I walked her to the nurses tent as I was instructed. It was nice to spend some time with her. She slipped in the back and I waited outside.

Peggy emerged in a nurse dress and a grin on her face. She was beautiful!! I hadn't realized how much I missed her until she was gone and now she's back and I couldn't be happier.

"What are you looking at hot shot?" She smirked and I realized I was staring and stopped. It was hard but I stopped. She giggled at my flustered mess and I held out my arm. She took it and I brought her on a tour of the camp.

We made it to the post office and the paper boy handed pegs a giant bad of letters and blushed. I sad this and put an arm around peggys shoulder. 'Mi ex i hissed in my head. The smol boy scurried off.

Peggy looked up at me obviosly confused but I gave her a peck on the lips. She motioned to have me bend down and she whispered in my ear, "tag your it" and booted me on the nose. Before I could ask her what she meant she was running with the bag of letters and laughing.

I chuckled because I knew I was much faster than her.

Peggy POV

I was laughing my heart out as I sprinted across the camp. People were staring but I could care less. I stopped, out of breath and leaned on my knees. I tuned around but there was no one behind me.

Suddenly I felt strong arms wrap around my belly and lift me off my feet. My face scrunched you and I laughed really hard. "You think you know your way around the camp don't you?" I heard burrs voice in my ear.

"Maybeeee" i giggles still scrunched in a ball. I cranked my neck to look at him and we locked eyes. God why is he so attractive?!

~

I got back to my text after about an our of fooling around with Aaron and decided to look at my stack of letters. There were 3 from Angelica saying how she hopes Im having fun with Apple,whatever that is, an how she is upset with Alex for leaving but also ready to do this on her own. I was proud I guess?

Eliza sent me 5 letters all about how worried she is. That it, seriously.

I got one from my father about his disappointment in me and how I'm a disappointment to my family and he wishes I was more like my sisters and I happily threw that into a pile of horse shit where it belonged.

There was one from Rachel saying how she was proud of me and to stay safe. This one I kept in my special box. I don't really know why. She's not my mother or saying anything special. It just reminded me of my mother. I missed her dearly. Rachel also slipped a small ring into the envelope as well. It wasn't huge or expensive but she said her mother gave it to her and she wanted me to have it so I would be safe. It made me feel happy so I slipped it on my finger.

I recorded half a page from John. I wants offended or anything. He's not a poet. It was sweet really. Since it was short I'll show it to you:

~~

Dear Peggy,

The fam is pretty freaked out that you left. I mean I think it's awesome and I wish I could be there with you. You are a literal badass and I applaud you! Angelica thinks you went to see Burr but she called him Anvil... for some reason I don't know. Anyway, stay safe for me!!

Ur bro
-John

~~
Wow Angelica. Wow.

<><><><><><><><><><><><>
Hey yo so I haven't posted lately but I hope this is worth it!! Please comment I love hearing from you!! Love you byeeeee

1201 words