5 - Ferris Wheel

I sit on the bus station waiting for the bus to come. I'll be with Yeji tonight and I have to be there in time. I'm always late to things (Jisung, Jeongin and Chan can confirm it), but I can't be late to this.

The bus finally comes and I get in it. Like always, the driver doesn't wait for us to sit and the bus is already moving, what almost makes me fall. Luckily, I can grab something in time so I don't fall. I sit down and I look around. It looks empty for a night on vacation.

I start playing on my phone, but paying attention to where I am so I have an idea of how much time is left to arrive.

It doesn't take long to get to the place where the amusement park is. I get off the bus and look around, searching for Yeji or her friends. I see Ryujin, one of Yeji's best friends so I approach her.

"Hey, Ryujin" I say. She finally looks at me.

"Hey, Seungmin" She says. "Yeji is almost here. She said that it's a little bit of traffic" I nod with my head. That's why the bus was so empty. Everyone is using their own cars, instead of using public transports. I sit down for a while waiting for Yeji.

After a few minutes waiting for Yeji, she finally arrives with her friends. She waves to the person in the car, probably her parents and walks towards us. We get up

"I'm sorry for being late" She pouts. "I never thought that it was going to be so much traffic"

"It's okay" I say. Who am I to argue with her because of that? I'm always late to things!

"Let's go" Yuna says entering the amusement park and we follow her. "Does any of you want to come with me to buy cotton candy?"

"I'll go with you" Chaeryeong says and follows Yuna. It leaves me, Ryujin, Jisu (known by everyone as Lia) and Yeji.

"We should go to the ferris wheel" Ryujin says pointing to the ferris wheel. We look at her with scared faces. I've never been on a ferris wheel before. Should I go to it right in front of the girl I like? "Come on! It will be fun!"

"For me, it's okay" Lia says. She looks at Yeji waiting for her answer.

They finally convince us and we're now at the row. I'm still afraid of being on the ferris wheel, but if I didn't accept I would be the only one. Besides that, I don't want Yeji to think that I'm afraid of it. Of course I'm not.

"It's taking so long!" Yeji exclaims. "What if we do other thing that doesn't include a ferris wheel?"

"You're not changing my mind" Ryujin says. "It's not scary. Is it scary, Lia?" Lia turns to Ryujin and shakes her head. "See? Don't you trust Lia?"

"Fine" Yeji sighs. "You convinced me. Only because I trust Lia. If I get scared on there, just know that I'll grab someone with all my strenght"

"You can grab me" Lia says with a smirk on her face. Yeji hits on Lia's shoulder, but it seems like she didn't use all of her strenght.

It's finally our turn to be on the ferris wheel. We get in the cabin and it's starts to rise. My breath starts to acelerate and I almost can't breathe. My whole body starts shaking and I can't stop it. I close my eyes, not wanting to look down.

"Are you okay, Seungmin?" Yeji asks me, looking worried it. Should I tell her the truth?

"Yeah" I lie. "It's so fun"

"See? Even Seungmin likes it!" Ryujin exclaims and I force a small smile.

"He's not enjoying it, Ryujin" Yeji says. "He's probably more afraid than I am"

"We can't get out now" Ryujin warns us.

The three look at me full of concern. I feel a soft hand on mine. I hold it tightly.

"It's okay, S" Yeji whisper in my ear. "We're not going to die"

"I think that I am afraid of heights" I say looking in her eyes.

"You think?" Ryujin asks me. "Because I am sure"

"I've never been on a ferris wheel before" I mumble, but they can hear me.

"Sorry, Seungmin" Ryujin apologizes to me. "I didn't know. Next time, talk to us about it before we do something"

"Yeah" Lia says. "But look" She points out of the cabin "We're almost finishing"

"Finally!" Yeji exclaims. "This was not fun, Ryujin. I don't to get on a ferris wheel so soon" Ryujin nods, but laughs a little at Yeji's words.

'Can we eat something when we get out?" I ask trying to distract myself from this situation.

"I'm hungry too" Yeji says. "We should really eat"

When we're finally out of the ferris wheel, Chaeryeong and Yuna are waiting for us.

"How was ferris wheel?" Yuna asks us. It was so scary, Yuna!

"It was fun for me" Ryujin says and looks at us. "But they're all scared of heights"

"Let's eat" Lia says and I nod my head.

"Lia is right" I agree. "Let's eat"

We walk through the amusement park trying to decide what we are going to eat. I decide to eat a slice of pizza and they decide to eat hamburger, so we split.

When I get in the row, I feel someone tapping my shoulders. I look back to see Minho and Jisung.

"Hey, Seungmin" Minho says. "How's your date with Yeji?" I sigh.

"For the last time, Minho, it is not a date!" I almost scream. "She brought their friends"

"She must be shy, Seungmin" Minho says. I roll my eyes. "By the way, where's Yeji?"

"She and her friends went to get food for them" I say. "But I didn't want hamburger so I came here"

"That makes sense" Jisung says. Suddenly his name is called. "My hamburger is ready. Bye, Seungmin" He waves goodbye at me and they go towards the ferris wheel. Good luck, Minsung!

I order my pizza and sit down for a while.

"Isn't it ready yet?" I hear Yeji's voice. I look back to see them sitting next to me and shake my head. "They're taking so l0ng!"

My name is finally called and I get my order. I sit next to them again and I start eating. I was so hungry!

After all of us finishes eating, Yuna looks at her phone and looks at us. Her face shows a little nervousness.

"We should go" She says. "It's already 1AM"