Chapter 3: Distractions

Yami fell off the bed feeling the cold, hard wooden floor. He flinched awake and rubbed his sides. His back still hurt from the sleep over two days ago. He stood to get a drink of water and almost spit it out when he noticed the clock reading 1:05 PM. Yami checked his phone and was surprised he got tons of notifications. Well....from his ex. He felt sick to his stomach and he simply ignored the texts and missed calls. He felt so much pain but he knew giving the silent treatment might make Tea think about her actions.

    Yami noticed 3 missed called from Joey. The phone was ringing and Joey tiredly crept up to his phone. When he read the name he answered it very fast. Yami was caught off guard with the sudden, "YAMI YOU'RE ALIVE!" Yami chuckled as he was drowned with questions. "Did she really call ya 32 times?"
"Yep...I want to answer."
"Oh no ya don't. I won't allow ya."

    Yami begged for Joey's permission but he refused. "Yami i'm about to come down dere and take dat phone." He threatened. Yami quickly watched his mouth knowing what Joey was capable of. The blond sighed over the phone but replaced it with a smile. "Are you excited for the party?" He asked.

"Not really..."
"Why?"
"Parties are not really my...thing."
"Psh you'll like dis one."

    A few minutes after calling Joey, he put his workout clothes on. If he wanted to get distracted, he would have to feel a different kind of pain. Yami ran to the gym instead of driving and when he got there he signed in. He lifted weights, done sit-ups, ran on the treadmill, oh he did everything. He was finally getting his mind off Tea the more he worked out. "I should do this more often" He thought.

    He spent 3 hours at the gym, and noticed what time it was. He had two hours to get ready and he spent his entire day with the gym. He was almost to the exit until the same girl from the day before his breakup stopped him. She waved happily and Yami smiled back. He was a free man now, he was single so he was allowed to think the girl was cute. He was showered with complements shortly after. He felt as if nothing happened until the girl had to ask, "So how are you and your girlfriend?"

    Yami lowered his head and was seconds away from crying. "I have to go..." He mumbled as he pushed passed her. He jogged back to his house feeling the cramp in his stomach. He took a hot shower and allowed himself to drift away in a pool of tears. Again he looked at himself in the mirror. He hated Yami. A lot. He felt like an asshole, should he have done something really bad so that Tea was the one to dump him? Even so, they broke up so he couldn't do anything.

    He got dressed and waited for is friends to pick him up. Yugi and Joey were on their way while Tristin was driving to y/n's place. Y/n was sitting down on her chair already dressed. She wasn't in the partying mood. Her usual self vanished as she laid her head on her table. She was startled as soon as she heard the doorbell chime.

    Tristin was hard at work to say anything when she opened the door. His words were incoherent, and his mouth dropped. Tristin grinned and thought about the right words to describe y/n. "You look amazing! I love that color on you!"
Y/n's smile appeared and she scratched the back of her head. "I just threw this on. No biggie..."
Tristin bowed and raised his right hand halfway up. "To your limbo ma'am."
Y/n rolled her eyes and gently flicked Tristins forehead. "Ow."

    The entire car ride was dreadful for the girl. She had a stomach ache, she felt uneasy. She wasn't sure if she was ready to see Alex. What if he was there. "Tristin..."
"Hm?"
"What if Alex is there?"
"Try not to think about him." Tristin sipped his water.
"He texted me yesterday."

    Tristin spat the liquid from his mouth and coughed. He focused his gaze at the road once again as he wiped his mouth. "He texted you?"
"Mhm..."
"What did he say?"
"He said he missed me."
"And....."
"I said I did too..."
"What!" Tristin glared at her for a second before putting his eyes back on the road. "Why?"