1k Special Pt. 2

"Are you serious?" Ryuji asked.

"How are we going to fight? We don't have the Metaverse? We don't have our Personas," Yusuke said.

"How is that even possible?" Futaba asked.

"This doesn't seem right," Makoto said.

"What do you mean by that, Akechi-kun?" Haru asked.

"Yusuke is right. There is no more Metaverse. So if there is unfinished business, how are we going to steal their hearts?" Morgana asked.

"At a time like this, are we going to be able to fight?" Sumire asked.

"Wait, we are going to do another act as the Phantom Thieves?" Ann asked.

"What exactly are we doing?" I asked.

"Would you like to tell them, Akira?" Akechi asked.

Akira nodded his head, "Apparently we had failed at a change of heart in Maruki. He's still out there trying to change people's cognition, but since he no longer has a Persona, we can fight him hand to hand."

"What is he doing? Hypnosis?" I asked.

"Exactly," Akechi said. "He is hypnotizing people into thinking they are not what they are."

"Where is he?" I asked.

"We have yet to find out. All that we know is that he is somewhere in Japan. I will be on the look out for any leads I come across," Akechi said.

"All of you better be on the lookout for him as well," Akira said. "We don't want to run into any trouble while we're out there looking for him."

"Great. Just when I thought we were getting together for a normal time, we have to do this," I sighed.

"When you're with the Phantom Thieves, you're never going to have a normal meet up," Morgana said.

"That's true," I sighed.

"Alright, let's end it here today. Akechi is going to be the head of this investigation along with Sae," Akira said. "We'll meet together once we get more information. We'll keep everyone updated if we find anything."

"Understood," we all said.

We all headed to the train station, but Akechi and I stayed in Leblanc for a little bit.

"I'll be out for a little bit. Watch the store, alright?" Futaba asked and walked out to give us some privacy.

"Why didn't you tell me you were alive?" I asked. 

"I didn't want people to suspect that I was alive. I was detained for a little bit, but that was how I learned about Maruki doing this. We were continuing an investigation about identity theft. Or something like that. Anyway, when we were questioning the victim, they mentioned Maruki's name. That got me thinking and I knew we had to take him down one last time."

"How are we going to get rid of him for good this time?"

"Lock him up. While hypnosis is nothing illegal, but since he is changing people's minds and how they act, he is therefore being considered to be mind controlling them. While he is not gaining anything from it, there are people who have suffered majorly because of this. Like you saw with Sumire, they are having a relapse. They are starting to think about who they are and what they want to become. Some of them have committed suicide because of it. Others are doing things as robbing a bank because they think they're a different person and therefore their original self will not get punished. But this is not like switching bodies and such. Their mind is not intact and there is blood on Maruki's hands. We must stop him before he either kills everyone because of this, or people become psychotic."