Ch 5 Dean

Jesse's POV

I stared at the letter in my mom's shaky hand. She spoke softly, "This was in the basket with you. It's from them." She slowly placed it in my hand when I made no move to take it. "Do you want some privacy?" She asked.

"I... I don't know." I said honestly. "I think I need some... time. This is a lot to take in. I don't know if I'm ready."

I stood, dropped the letter in the basket and ran. If ever there was a time I needed a run, it was now. I ran out the front door, across the lawn and followed the street to anywhere. I kicked it into high gear, a jog wasn't going to feed my spirit right now. I was running at a full sprint, trying to outrun my thoughts. How? Why!? What happened? What was going on in their life that made them leave me? My parents aren't my parents. I was abandoned. I wasn't supposed to be here. Why tell me now? I had no clue! Why finally tell me about the best kept secret ever that I didn't want to know? That I didn't need to know! These thoughts just kept running through my mind.

I ran faster even though I didn't think it was possible that I could. I didn't even bother to pay attention to the details of where I was going. I just couldn't stop running. I soon found myself on the outskirts of town, by the edge of the woods. I didn't think twice. I left the road and headed straight for the trees. Thick brush started whipping my legs. I soared over a fallen tree that was in my path and landed with an agile grace. My skin was tingling like it was going through a change which egged me on. I kept running. The trees grew thicker and the woods grew darker due to the foliage. Focusing on not running into trees took my mind to another place. Even in the darkened Forrest, I had no trouble seeing what I needed to avoid at my fast pace. Yay extra sensitive abilities, I thought annoyingly. I was me again, even if only for a few minutes.

I don't know how long I had been running. I was so lost in my freedom that I didn't see the wall of the sculpted god that stepped into my path until it was too late.

I hit him full force knocking us both to the ground. We rolled together on the ground from me hitting him until we finally came to a stop. He landed on his back, I landed on top of him. It took a few seconds for me to catch my bearings.

"Oh my goodness! Are you okay? Are you hurt?" I quickly asked. "I didn't see you! Why would you just step out in front of someone like that?!"

"Why didn't you stop?! Since you were chasing me, I figured I would make it easy." The insane dude said.

"What!?" I snarked back. I placed my hands on his chest and sat up. "Are you kidding me? Chasing you! How could I have stopped before hitting you?!" I exclaimed. "What are you on? I ran into the woods to get away from everyone. I didn't know you were in the woods!!"

"Okay, okay...calm down!" He said raising his hands in a surrendering motion.

I took a few deep breaths. "I'm sorry. Are you okay?" I asked again.

With a slow smile and a glint in his eyes, he answered. "I'm doing pretty good considering all things." He slowly moved his hands behind his head like he was relaxing. "It's not everyday a beautiful woman attacks you and tries to take advantage of you."

My. Jaw. Dropped. He smirked as he thrusted his hips upward, and it was then that I realized the compromising position we were in. I was straddling his crotch. A few thin pieces of fabric was all that kept this from being X-Rated. Once I got my brain to work again, I jumped off his massive body.

"Awe, come on, Love. Don't leave me hanging like that." He said while jumping to his feet.

He really was like a God. Massive, sculpted, chiseled like the statue of David. He was definitely over 6' tall, probably 6' 3".  His broad chest was covered in tribal tattoos that went up his shoulders and onto his biceps. He has killer abs with a prominent V disappearing into his shorts that hung low on hips.

"Oh, bite me." I replied snarking.

"That is something I can definitely make happen but your future mate may not like it," was his comeback.

"Future mate? What-? I can't handle this right now," I chuckled and turn to leave. This guy wasn't all there in the head.

"Wait, wait. Don't be like that. For real though, if you weren't following me, what are doing out here?" He asked.

"I told you, I didn't know anyone was out here. I needed to clear my head so I just went where my feet took me." I answered.

He looked me up and down processing what I just said, deciding on if I was telling the truth or not. "You've been following me for the last 5 miles. You caught my scent and started tracking me." He spoke crossing his arms over his chest. "You were seconds from shifting. How was I supposed to know you weren't tracking me?"

"Caught your scent? Shifting?? What does that even mean? I've been told I have a great sense of smell but I've never tracked anyone. What are you going on about? Why are you out here?" I asked again.

"I'm working." After staring at me for a few seconds, he continued, "I've been sent to this town to find something. This land doesn't belong to a pack so I let my wolf have a run. No pack laws were broken."

"You have a wolf?" I asked in disbelief. I started looking around trying to find it.

"What's wrong with you? Did you hit your head or something when you tackled me?" He accused. "I don't have a wolf, I am a wolf."

How dare he insinuate me of being crazy when he is the one claiming to be a wolf?!
He's the one who must have hit his head.

I couldn't deal with this craziness any more. I let out, "Look, I'm sorry for running into you. I hope you'll be okay. I have to go." I turned and started jogging my way back through the trees. As if I didn't have enough on my mind, no this crazy hot guy was talking all kinds of nonsense and riddles. I wasn't exactly sure which direction to head but I had to get away from that strange interaction.

After a few minutes, I realized that the muscled god decided to run with me. I quickly came to stop and turned in his direction, "What are you doing? Why are you following me?" I asked.

"I'm not following you. I was running with you. Big difference." He said smiling again as he stopped too.

"Okay, why are you running with me?" I asked annunciating the with.

"I've got to make sure you make it out of the woods safely." He said with a shrug. "You could have a concussion or something. How much deeper do you want to go before we turn around and head back to the city?" He finished, still with that annoying smile.

"I... where.... which.... ugh. Which way do I need to go to get out of here?" I finally got out.

Laughing, he pointed in the 'right' direction and we started off. "I'll kick your butt if you're lying to me." I said under my breath.

"I heard that." He said as he winked at me. "Use your nose. You can smell gasoline and different smells of the city."

"Alright, Rover, lead the way." I told him.

"It's actually Dean. See if you can keep up, Sparky." He responded as he took off running.