Ch 18 Can't Hide

Jesse's POV

It felt great to run as a wolf. No comparison. I could feel the breeze running through my coat and lifting me through the air to soar higher than I ever could as just a human.

Good, right? Journey asked me.

Incredible.

Why are you running from your mate?

I will never allow Alpha King to have me. I will never be his! He can go to hell!!

I heard Journey whimper but she didn't say anything more.

Dean said these grounds covered our scents. I didn't want to risk running to Ro's house and leading King right to them. My scent was covered as long as I stayed lost in the woods as well. So, I ran off into the woods and I've been running in circles quietly for an hour now.

I go into stealth mode now and work my way back into a section near where Dean and Ro would enter from. I'm positive I've covered my tracks. I've been careful and quiet. Honestly, I just really need luck to be on my side right now.

I can feel Journey start getting antsy... no, excited. She starts purring.

"You know, here, your smell would be covered to anyone else, Snowflake, but I could smell that vanilla, apple, cinnamon smell for the rest of my entire life and never get tired of it." Says Alpha.

I snap my head in his direction and raise my lips, growling and snapping. I am not playing, dude. Take another step, I dare you, I thought as I just glared at him.

He holds up both hands. "Take is easy, Snowflake. I'm not gonna hurt you. I promise. Dean asked me to come. I'm Alpha Colton." He says.

I stop growling but I don't roll over and let him scratch my belly either. I do however sit. This tall 6' 4" man is having to look up into my wolf face.

"Snowflake, you are gorgeous." He whispers. He puts his hands downs and starts to walk toward me. I start growling again.

"Okay, okay, baby steps." He says as he plants his feet. "You know, this would be easier if you were in your human form and you could talk to me."

And make it easier for you to overpower me? I don't think so. I shake my wolf head slowly, but clearly. That's a hard no buddy.

Jesse, he told you, his name is Alpha Colton!!! Not, Alpha King!!! What are waiting for!!

Journey, he is going to have to prove it. I'm not falling for any traps!

"You know, Snowflake, it's going to be kind of hard to prove my self to you if you won't talk to me. What do you want me to do? What do I need to say?" He asked.

He needs to keep talking. If he has talked to Dean, then he should be able to tell me things Dean has told him. How do I ask him to do that though? If I shift back, I'll be naked. I have no clothes.

Journey decides to throw her two cents in, Girl, shift and put on a show. Then, enjoy the ride!!

Ugh, can you shut up right now?!
I lay down, cross my paws and nod my head toward him, kind of pointing toward him.

Colton watches every move I make and points to himself and asks, "Me? What about me? You want me to talk?"

I nod my wolf head yet again. Woof woof. Good boy.

"Let me guess, you want me to tell you things I know about Dean?" He asks.

That's half of it but we will start there. I nod my head yes but I also lift my paw to let him know that something is missing. It was the best I could do.

"Don't worry, I'll throw in some stuff about you too. Mind if I sit down, Snowflake?" He asks me.

I slowly nod, and as he goes to sit, he steps closer to me while doing so. I growl again to remind him of the boundaries and he puts his hands back up but makes no move to back up.

"It's ok, Snowflake. I won't hurt you. If you feel the need, you can bite me. I'm not gonna do anything. I'm just gonna sit here. Okay?" Colton said, as he slowly lowered himself in front of me. My paws were less than an inch from his bended leg.

I never noticed before but with him being so close I couldn't help but notice his smell now. It was like fresh water rain, saw dust and a sweet cologne all in one. It was so intoxicating.

SEE!! See what I have been trying to tell you!! Guess what girl? You do the same thing to him! You better be careful because he might just let his wolf come out and play! Look at those eyes!! Journey toyed with me.

Looking at his, I could see that they were black orbs. A few minutes ago, when he was speaking, they were a beautiful, light whiskey, brown color. And now, the brown was back again.

"So, you want to know how I know Dean. He's my best friend. We've grown up together all our life, always done everything together. He's my beta, I trust him with my life, my pack, with everything." He told me.

"Dean has been here for a few weeks now on a mission. I would love to tell you why but that's family business, Snowflake. He told me about when you met in the woods, how you became lost, he walked you home. He told me about how you came to your family and you were struggling to process it until you read some letters. He says you run a lot and that you are very athletic. Your best friend is actually his mate. You are surprisingly ok with being a werewolf but you are not okay with the nakedness that comes with." He says it slowly but with a smile like he is really enjoying it. He continues. "You feel like you are about to be thrown into a porno movie ..."

Oh my God, Dean told him that!!