Ch 29 New Bestie?

A/N @ Bottom

Jesse's POV

One second I was looking into Cayden's eyes and the next, there was a heat and burning sensation penetrating my neck, quickly followed by intense pleasure. A throaty moan escaped my lips and I felt my back arch. I couldn't hold still. I feel Cayden licking my neck and I shudder, whispering his name. A fire starts burning in the pit of my stomach and his body pressed against mine spreads the flame, but also is like a cool drink of water at the same time.

I can feel Cayden grinding his pelvis into mine and I have never hated clothes more. I wanted the barriers between us gone.

Cayden leaves my neck only to claim my lips. His tongue invades my mouth seeking dominance and I gladly let him have his way. I am literal putty in his hands.

Cayden licks and sucks his way across my jaw and nibbles my ear. "Now you're mine and everyone can see it, Snowflake." He says huskily. "Mine, and mine alone. Let me know when you need me to remind you again."

I feel him slowly remove himself from me. I already miss the warm contact from where our bodies touched. I lay there panting trying to catch my breath as I hear the tent open and I see Cayden leave.

What in the world just happened... when did I turn into that girl?? Was I really ready to have sex with him just like that? I have never been that girl! Is Colton going to be angry with me? Oh no! He was so angry with Journey and himself... what is he going think of me? What am I going to do? I'm going to contact Ro. That's what I came in here for. Get it together Jess. You can do this... I think.

I found my phone again and called Ro. "Come on, Ro, pick up, sleepy head." I muttered. It eventually went to voicemail so I looked for Dean's number and called him also, but got the same results. Dean must be in wolf form on his way over already.

I slide the phone in my back pocket and decide to be useful. The supplies have to be packed so I start inside this tent. I roll the sleeping bags, open the tent and set everything outside the tent. Once it is empty, I start tearing down the tent. I see the others tearing down the other tents as well.

"Hey, how are things going?" Leila asked.

"Um... Well, they're going." I chuckled.

"That well, huh?" She continued as she helped fold the tent.

"I'm just so confused with myself and I don't get why. I'm dealing with all the new developments and the new things, I guess that come along with them but it's a lot, ya know? I'm just not getting time to process things before something else happens and another thing is thrown on my plate. I think I just pissed off Colton, or I will once he finds out what I did and oh- I'm so sorry, I'm just rambling and going on and on-"

"It's completely ok!" Leila finally cut me off. "You have been through a lot and you do have a lot on your plate, but you are handling and adjusting well. The thing about being in a pack is that you are not alone. I'm so sorry about your family and I know we could never replace them, and we would never try too, but we are here for you. Girl, I can tell already you are stuck with me for life and you can add another bestie to your list. We are going to be as thick as thieves!" Leila giggled throwing her arms around me.

"Thanks," I reply returning her hug.

"As for Colton, he went for a run. He is your mate and he will not be angry that you're a little tease. If anything, he will only enjoy it." Leila commented.

"I-uh-How did you know?" I ask flabbergasted.

"You are a werewolf. You have a very high sex drive. I'm honestly surprised your even a virgin being raised as a human. Once you meet your mate, it's almost impossible to keep your hands off." Leila replies with a knowing smile.

"That explains a lot." I mumble to myself under my breath.

"I know your new to werewolf ways and mates, but it's wonderful. He really cares for you so much and he's trying to take it slow so as not to pressure you, but, there is only so slow a wolf will allow you to go. Especially on certain things. Mates have a special bond that is so intense right from the beginning and it only grows. The marks help intensify the bond. Even though Colton has a pack, you are his world. He would do anything for you, and your wolf would do anything for him, even if you don't know him that well yet, your wolf would take over. Because you have marked each other you can sense each other, find each other over long distances even if your scents were masked. Anyways.... all that to say, don't worry about him being angry. He's just a little sexually frustrated, that's all. He won't be angry that you're marked." Leila winked as she tied up the last string on the tent as it was finally packed and began to walk away.

"Hey Leila," I called to her and she looked over her shoulder, "thanks."

"Anytime." She said as tossed her hair went to the next tent.

I put Dean's pack on, and as I'm about to gather the sleeping bags, my phone rings. I check the caller ID and see that it's Ro so I quickly answer.

"Hey Ro, are you coming back with Dean?" I ask as I answer the phone. There's no reply to the question, I think to myself do I have enough service as I check the screen again. Yep, I should have plenty. "Hello? Ro, are you there?"

I still as I hear the unfamiliar, deep scratchy voice come through the line. "My, my, my, you don't know how long I have waited to hear your voice."

My tone drops with anger. I've been through too much for anymore games I can't lose anyone else. "Who. Is. This?" I drip out.

"Your mate, Love." The voice responds.

"Where. Is. Ro?" I'm seething and shaking at this point.

"She's right here, Love, but if you want her to stay alive, you will come, alone. Now." The voice says with a hint of laughter. "You have an hour. Goodbye."

I don't even even think. I see red and I run. One second I'm Jesse and the next, I'm my beautiful wolf, Journey. Another second I'm there, and another I'm gone. I have to save Ro. I have to end this with King. I can't keep risking my loved ones because of him looking for me. This will end. Today.

Hey Readers,

Thank you for reaching out and for being so loyal. I'm am so sorry for not updating. Life has hit hard. My family has been effected by the covid virus and has taken a toll. My family member is being released after having the virus but is still paralyzed so we have a lot to take on still.

College, work, life and raising kids that are not your own is fulfilling but also busy and a bunch of other adjectives. I wouldn't change a thing though. Thank you for your kind words, checking in and encouraging me. The updates probably will be slower but I will try to get them in as I can.