Ch 8 The Letter Part 2

Dean's POV

Crap! I can't believe I was so careless, that was a close call. Now I'm gonna be stuck here for a while without moving so she doesn't catch me again. Or almost catch me.

As soon as I left Jesse's house, and I was sure no one was watching, I hit the nearby woods and shifted. My wolf, Deacon, ran quickly to the backyard. We were hoping to get close enough to overhear anything important. That's when the balcony doors opened up on the second floor and Jesse sat on a hammock. I was out in the open, in the middle of the yard, and I froze. She didn't see me. Yet. She sat and stared intently at what looked like an envelope in her hands.

I slowly started moving backwards. One paw at a time, my eyes never leaving her. As I got closer to the wood line, my back paw brushed against a bush and I jumped behind a tree. She heard me. She saw me. Crap. Double crap!! She stared at the spot where I jumped and disappeared behind. If she only knew her true abilities I would have been caught. She eventually moved her eyes back to the envelope and began opening it. Whew!!

Knowing that I can't move without her finding me out, I settle in right where I am.

Jesse's POV

I picked up the delicate charm bracelet from my lap. It was a beautiful silver chain with small leather straps braided in the chains, one brown, one sapphire blue and one turquoise. There were several charms dangling from the bracelet. A snowflake with glitter making it sparkle, a pine tree, a circle with a shading design that made me think of a full moon, and a wolf. It was gorgeous. I laid it down carefully, took a deep breath and picked up the letter.

From One Loving Parent To Another,

In a perfect world, you would never be reading this letter. You would have your normal morning. Wake up in your loved ones arms. Snuggle your little one. Share breakfast, go to work, go about your normal routine just to come home, sit around your dinner table, share your day's events. Tuck your little one in, maybe show your love for each other. Then rest your eyes before doing it over it again.

But you ARE reading this letter. You ARE holding our daughter who we love so very much.

There was something about the love that was spread over your yard that made us feel that you might love our daughter as your own. The bright yellow door that seemed so friendly and inviting. The many toddler toys that were played with. The baby swings in different locations, the sandbox, the water table, the trike... it was everything we wanted to give our future children. We never could leave her unless her life was in grave danger.

We humbly ask that you care for her like she was your own. Please. Please don't hurt her or send her away. Please love her and cherish her. She is our world. If we had any other choice, there wouldn't be a choice.

Her name is Jesse. Please finish naming her so she can be our child and carry on both of our names.

Forever grateful and indebted to you,
Jess & Jenny Parkerson

It was... a letter. To my parents... from my parents. A tear ran down my check as I went to the next page. This time, it was to me.

To Our Dearest Baby Girl, Jesse,

Leaving you was the hardest thing we ever had to do. Our hearts are breaking as we write this letter to you. You are so incredibly loved and wanted, please don't ever believe otherwise.

Our pack was attacked and our beloved alpha was murdered. Most of the pack has either been jailed, killed or ran into hiding. Your father was the beta and the new alpha claimed you as his before you were born and we had to do everything we could to protect you. We ran before you were born to hide you away. We traveled to several different places, hoping we weren't being tracked.

We cherished you every day as you grew in my stomach. We loved you so much, baby girl. We wondered what you would look like, who you would take after? Would you have my fair skin or your dad's outgoing personality? Would you like music as well as be athletic? Would you have chestnut brown or dirty blonde hair? Green or Hazel eyes? Tall or taller? The thought possibilities were endless. We were over the moon about you! You already had us wrapped around your finger, My Love, and you had yet to be born. We wanted to give you the world!

The one thing we prayed for the most, was that you would be loved and cared for. We were so scared that you would not be accepted or loved. It was so incredibly hard to leave you on that doorstep.

If only our stories could be written differently, My Darling, but we can not change the actions of other people. If we could give you just a little advice, it would be to trust your heart and in yourself. Be grateful for all you have and for those who love you. Love yourself.

It must be close to your 18th birthday now, Love. How gorgeous you must be! Unfortunately, if you are reading this letter now, that means your father and I were never able to come back for you. My Love, oh how we wanted and planned to come back for you.

Darling, when you turn of age, things will begin to change. Trust yourself. Trust who are. Control your anger. You will learn quickly, My Love. Leaving you with humans was for your own safety. We knew Alpha King would do everything in his power to try and find you. He would search every pack for you. We couldn't let him find you... even if that meant keeping you in the dark about who you truly are.

You are our pride, joy and happiness. Forever our love goes with you always.
Your birth parents,
Jess ❤️ Jenny
Love you 💕Jesse💕
That's right, we made you! 😆

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Forever the hardest chapter to write.
Hope you likes.
~Aimes

Would love to know what you think so far.