Ch 17 Meeting Journey

Jesse's POV

One second I was running on my two feet, then it was four paws. The burning was gone and I felt free again. I wanted to see how fast I could go.

I just thought it, run faster, and it happened!!

Hello Jesse, it's nice to finally meet you. I'm Journey, your wolf.

Wait, what is this?!

I know you are very new to this. I have tried to come to you many times before now. You control the human side. I control the wolf side. You are Jesse. I am Journey. We are two different beings but one in the same. We are forever connected to one another. I will never hurt you. You can always reach out to me through our minds, and I can do the same to you now.

That is amazing!

We ran by Ro, with her mouth open wide and Dean, who had turned back around, had a big smile.

So if I want to sit down, do I have to ask you to sit down?

No, our mind link lets us know what the other wants to do without saying a word to each other.

I walked back over to where Dean and Ro were. I sat in front of them and slowly leaned forward to use my snout to lift Ro's chin to close her mouth. She sucked her teeth and said, "You are Jess."

"Of course it's Jesse! Jess, your wolf is beautiful! I've never seen one like yours. How do you feel?" Dean asked me.

I huffed and snorted... best I could answer. As I looked down, I saw my two front paws. One was snow white, the other, midnight black. What a mixture.

"Hey Jesse, now shifting is all up to you. Unless you lose control and get super angry, you can choose when you want to shift. If you talk to your wolf, she will guide you. I know you probably want some time to stretch you legs and get acquainted. The Tribal Land we are on is protected and roped off for five miles in all directions. Stay in the roped area. We are in the direct center. Ro and I are gonna go get food and check in with her parents. We will be back later."

I nod my head in understanding and watch as they walk off, hand in hand.

Like a kid who has been left home for the first time, I jump up and start to prance off. I inhale deeply at all the different things and notice how many things are stronger or softer on my nose. So many things catch my eyes and I probably look like a puppy leaping after every little thing that moves.

You do. Journey told me.

So what else can you tell me about being a werewolf?

I will tell you something fun. Something that completes us.

Wait, we don't complete each other?

Well, we do, in a sense. But I am talking about our other halves girl. Your man, my wolfie. Our mate.

Our mate? Is that why Dean is so gooey over Ro? They've mated?

Yes, mate and no, not mated. Ro and Dean are most likely mates yes but that doesn't mean they've mated. You don't mate with some one to become their mate. Your mate is like your one true love. Your Prince Charming or knight and shining armor or whatever you grew up on.

I giggled. I get it.

He is made for you and you are made for him. For life. As soon as you see him, you will know. As soon as you touch him, you will feel it, literally. His touch will be different from any other man that has touched you. And it will always be like that. He will always be what you need, and vice verse, you will be what he needs. You will crave each other, want each other, enjoy each other, the rest of your life.

Journey started singing then, And if he has a wolf, BONUS!!!!

I laid down and put my head on my paws.

Jessie, what's wrong?

I'm scared for someone to love me. I lose the people who love me. I can't lose anyone else.

I know it's hard, but you can't run from it. Life is harder with out it. Your mate is already out there.

So is Alpha King. Am I supposed to let him kill him too?

Journey, will I be able to talk to you in human form?

Yes, anytime.

Ok, I think I'm gonna head back and change before Dean and Ro comes back.

Ok, we will get through this together, Jess.

Now I kind of wish I hadn't been left alone. After awhile, thoughts of yesterday crept started creeping back to my mind. I was ready to start training again to take my mind off my thoughts.

I'm sorry.

Journey, stop apologizing. It's not your fault. A lot has happened the last couple of days. I'm just ready for this Alpha King stuff to be over with.

Jesse, dress quickly. Someone is almost here.

She didn't have to tell me twice. I quickly grabbed my clothes and turned to see a group of six people, slowly walking into the clearing. Half women, half men.

Journey, what if this is Alpha King?

I don't know if one of them is Alpha King, I wish I could tell you. But I can tell you that big, strapping, handsome, devil in the middle who can't take his eyes off you, he's your mate. Bonus for me because he in fact does have a wolf.

I watched him walk all the way over from the end of the clearing. He walked straight up to me and he cupped my face in his hands. His large hands felt wonderful and sent little electrical shocks every where our skin came in contact, from his thumbs by my eyes, and his fingers on my neck. He stared into my eyes and I was lost in his. He slowly leaned down and put his lips on mine. The fireworks were immediate and explosive. He moved his  lips on mine leaning his head to the right and tilting mine to the left. This was the absolute best kiss I have ever had in my life. Somewhere in my mind I could hear Journey singing Toldcha, Toldcha, Toldcha on repeat.

I pulled back after I heard one of the other girls say, "Dang, Alpha let her get some air." The group started laughing.

He pulled away breaking the kiss. His  name Alpha, sent fire through me and he had a huge smile that pissed me off even more. I kneed him in the groin, and when he doubled over, I slammed his head into my knee as well. "Dang, she's feisty," one of them said laughing.

I turned and ran, shifting in less than two seconds, running away from Mr. Alpha King. I had to go find Dean and Ro and make sure they were safe!