Ch 28 Donuts

Jesse's POV

After leaving the tent this morning, I see the group sitting in the same position as last night. The only difference is that instead of pizza, there are donuts.

"Hey, good morning, guys." I say to the group.

A chorus of good mornings come right back to me. 

"Where did all the food come from?" I ask.

"Well, wolves like to eat, and alpha was worried about how you might not be accustomed to your new wolf diet yet, so... we come bearing human food," Blake said with a smile.

"Good morning, Alpha," Bryan says, "sounds like you two had an interesting night... and morning."

Oh my dear god...They heard us. Oh kill me now. 'Breathe Snowflake, it's okay.' Colton's voice pops into my head.

"Interesting, yes. Your business, no." Colton replies as he sits down beside me and wraps his arm around me.

"We can't help it if you both were screaming out your business." Blake says laughing.

All I could do at that moment was try to hide my blush that was taking over.

"Leave them alone, guys, don't mess with them. Wait till you find your mate, Blake, and see if you can keep your hands off." Riley said.

"Oh, I know I won't be able too! You'll be hearing my lady scream my name all night long. Sorry, Alpha, I'll put you to shame, because my woman will be doing a lot more screaming when we have sex for the first time." Blake laughed.

Getting my courage back, I shot back, "We didn't have sex, Blake. That was your alpha keeping his hands to himself."

Blake's jaw dropped and everyone else broke out into fits of laughter. Colton even threw his head back and laughed and his deep laugh beside me instantly became my new favorite sound.

"Holy crap!!!" Blake shouted, "She marked him!! And you didn't have sex!! Colton you must have the worst case of blue b-"

"Finish that and I will hurt you." Colton cut him off.

It was silent for a few seconds before Leila spoke up, "So, Alpha, what's the plan this morning?"

I looked to her and mouthed thank you. She rewarded me with a smile.

"Well, we need to eat, pack up the tents and supplies and by that time, Dean should be back. Then we will head back home." Colton responded.

Hearing him say need to eat was like a trigger for my stomach. It growled loud enough for every one to hear which made us all laugh again and I reach in for a donut.

Thinking on what Colton said about how Dean should be back, it reminded me of Ro. Would she be back as well? I need to call her to find out. I looked around for the blanket Dean had spread out for us that we slept on the blanket when it was just the three of us, but I didn't see it.

"What are looking for, Snowflake?" Colton asks me.

"There was a blanket spread out on the ground with a pack." I reply.

"Oh yeah, Dean's stuff." Riley responded. "We placed it in one of the tents. The one beside yours actually."

"It's got my phone in it, I need to call Ro." I answered Colton's quizzical look and he nodded.

"Your phone battery may have died since being out here." Blake sang to me.

"I doubt it. It's been shut off the entire time I've been here so it should still have some juice." I responded as I stood.