3. Preparing for the Worst

My house is on Northchurch Road, London, N1, which was called "Eleanor Villa" which was built in 1843. The house itself also has a hidden study room behind a bookcase in my dad's room, which I usually play hide-n-seek in it when I was young with some friends and relatives during visits or family gatherings. There was also a large garage that I usually keep my robots that I have built in the past, plus it also serves as a place for my dad to keep his favorite Range Rover in it. There are actually around 5 or 6 rooms (including the guest room) and a large kitchen in it. Those were the good old days. Ain't I rich thanks to my parents? If only Sadie herself could see it, not relying heavily on that devilish boyfriend of hers.

As I got back home panting heavily, the sun had almost gone down. And in the winter glow, the usual eight in the evening, I could tell our maid was preparing the dinner which was my favorite Chinese dishes, Szechwan Chili Chicken with Stir-Fried Tofu with Rice, the sweet and spicy scent was crawling into my nostrils but I wasn't hungry at all at that moment, so I immediately bolted up to my room with my pet boxer, Mr. Teddy, who was tagging me from behind, only to see Modred, having my lava-lamp turned on while reading my favorite book, the Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan, sitting on my table on his bottom.

'Well done, Mr.Robinson for getting that book.' he turned to me and smiled. 'I must say, that your room is very unique with all those boards with wheels on it and that big box on your table. In my old days in Camelot, I used to have blood-stained swords placed on the top of the head of my bed and also lots of beautiful woman sleeping with me. Alas, I was defeated by that brainy, old wizard Merlin with his blasted magic at that time which he had me imprisoned in my own WORK! Could you imagine that? Trapped endlessly in your work! But I do have to give you my gratitude towards you once again in return, through teaching you how to use all the secrets in those books that you have obtained from that cursed library. Are you ready for an exciting journey of a lifetime?'

'Enough chitchat! Just tell me how to do that ritual and make it quick! For I am getting hungrier by the swinging of the clock itself! ' I was getting much impatient by the second as my stomach was grumbling when the sweet smell waffled to my nose and making me much hungrier.

'The ritual of Soul Switching requires you to do it under a blood moon, so I suggest you wait until the clock strikes eleven when everyone is asleep in the night. Go get yourself a small knife to get some of your blood as a way to satisfy your desire to become the king! And you should bring the following items, which are a piece of black chalk, a black King's chess piece, as well as a mirror. Do be prepared for what's to come. I do suggest you wear some dark clothing in order to stay a low profile when the time is right. But most importantly, you should read the Book of Raigarde first, which includes the power that you really want to have, and finally the Book of Soul Switching. Also known as the book of me.'

'Thanks, Mordred. But how come I could read the words in your book? I mean, honestly, I don't know what does it say.'

'Ha! I nearly forgot that you can't read Brittonic and Latin at all. Here we go.'

He then touched my forehead with his index finger, and at once I nearly thought my brain was about to explode like a series of fireworks, lighting up the night skies on New Year's Eve. It was all the knowledge that Mordred had passed onto me, including sword-fighting skills, the past events that he encountered, his mother-tongue, all sort of tricks, and finally how he was trapped into the book by fighting against that badass Merlin, which made me feel a bit of terrified of his powers, for that old geezer must be around more than a century . Surely he couldn't be moving and his mind would be as slow as a turtle when I face him once again someday.

But as fast as light, those memories that Mordred gave me, faded quickly as he took his finger away from my head. ' Make good use of my powers, Mr. Robinson. And I bet somebody is calling for you outside your room. See you soon tonight if you're ready to face your demons.' He disappeared once again, making me speechless as the knockings on my bedroom door grew louder by the second.