6.A romantic night at my house

After leaving the hospital, it was already very late when my mom drove the three of us back to my home in our range rover. The sun has already been set for ages for the snowflakes kept falling around us. As we were driving towards my house, strangely my mom and Sadie have been talking a lot on the ride which they were sitting side by side, leaving me on my own to read the Book of Raigarde. The Book itself was totally fascinating, as many so-called forbidden spells were leaving me to discover on my own when all of sudden, I suddenly forgot to get my mountain bike back with me, for I had left it alone at the school's bike parking lot.

'Hey, Mom, I forgot to get my mountain bike back with me, would I be able to get it back tomorrow?'

' What mountain bike?' Sadie suddenly felt puzzled at my strange question.

'Oh, you don't know the Monster, Sadie? Well, it's actually a mountain bike that was given to Magnus's twelfth birthday by his late Grandpa Samuel, who passed away due to a heart attack a few years ago while he and Grandma Josefin were in the Bahamas. That's why Magnus really valued it in his heart. And most importantly, Magnus made a promise at his funeral that he would always ride it to school every day. '

'I see, so Magnus, you must have loved that bike so much. So let me see this, am I important than the bike or the bike is much more valuable to you when the house is on fire?'

'Please don't play this game, Sadie. Though both of you two are very valuable to me, you, my lady are going to be the first one to be saved by me when the house is on fire. Then it is my parents and finally the bike. How does this answer can solve your question?' I looked up from the Book of Raigarde to see Sadie smiling so happy at me, mouthing the words "I love you so much!" while my mom ignored this conversation as she was already listening on the radio to her favorite band, Take That.

'We are almost there, Sadie. Would you like to stay at our house for the night? It is not a wise decision to go back to your home alone at night. We still have some of my old pajamas and some new set of underwear in the house attic, if you don't mind for tomorrow's Saturday.'

'Yes, please. Thanks a lot, Mrs. Robinson for your hospitality. I couldn't thank you for more for you have helped me a lot.'

'Don't say that. I am glad you are a strong woman for you are supporting Christopher on his shoulders. Just like me. Haha!' She laughed as our car pulled up at the front door of my house.

'Woah, that is some house, it's even bigger than that bastard Sid's house. I wish I could live in it forever.' Her eyes were beaming like diamonds as we stepped out of the car looking at my house.

'Come with me, Sadie, you must be famished after the whole day staying at the hospital.' I couldn't be much happier as I finally got what I wanted in my dreams and that unbelievable piece of a dream has just became the reality. The girl I loved, the house I have, the magical powers I desired, the ally I could finally put my trust in, and even the perfect family. What could go wrong?

As we were setting the tables, our helper Kelly was about to bring in the Korean Fried Chicken with a platter of multi-variety of sauces to choose from, just when the doorbell rang.

'Can you answer the door, Magnus? I guess that it might be your father who just came back from work.'

'Okay, mom. I am coming.' I signed as I opened the door to see Merlin himself waiting for me outside the door, hood over his bald head which shocked me for a second but I managed to keep my coolness inside me.

'Can we talk, Mr. New Soul Switcher? ' He wiped the heavy amount of sweat off on his face, using a very old and tattered piece of handkerchief. 

'Do you know what are you doing here, Merlin, the Garbage Sorcerer of Camels?'