4. Creating a mess in Hyde Park

As I traveled through the tube towards Hyde Park, I felt like being brave and stronger as time flows during the times that I changed trains from time to time. I guess it is because of the energy from the Book of Raigarde itself, and the power given to me by that guy, Mordred himself, radiated across my body, which made me become braver and stronger in my heart.

However, I felt somebody was tagging me from behind, like a ghost, making me feel a tiny bit nervous and skittish as I walked closer to Hyde Park, step by step. It was already nearly past eleven, the air was freezing as if I had just got myself into a freezer for your information. But even the coldness couldn't stop me at all from going towards Hyde Park in order to achieve my ultimate goal as I skateboarded on the cold streets of Bayswater Road to the center of Hyde Park where, strange and ghostly red lights lighted up to guide me as I skated past the silent roads of the park, to eventually see the ghostly figure waiting for my arrival, who was throwing stones at the pond, with an annoyed-looking face being put up, not before smiling broadly at me when I arrived. He opened his shackled arms and we embraced in an awkward way. 

'You came! I thought that you won't come at all, Mr. Robinson after I left so suddenly.' He apologized in a 90-degree bow at me, but weirdly, I could see a small devilish smile that quickly disappeared out of sight, which was being replaced by a warm smile.

'No, not at all. Now shall we begin?' I was getting excited.

'So did you brought the required objects that I have told you?' he asked in eager anticipation.

'Yes, as the book that you have written has says so.'

'Excellent! Now, start drawing a circle around yourself using the piece of black chalk in an anti-clockwise direction. Then, use a knife to drop a few drops of blood from yours inside the circle. Put the mirror on the eleventh o'clock and the black King's chess piece on the six o'clock. Finally, shout out the incantation "Glory to those who have died chivalrous for thy have offered thy blood and soul to change thy world!". That shall be all for you, my savior, to change this impure and sinful world. And do be quick for she or he will be coming to find us. You ready?'

'I am always ready, so let's do this.' I immediately opened my school bag and grabbed the piece of black chalk inside and started to draw the circle, anti-clockwise, around me. Then I used my treasured swiss knife to cut the back of my left hand, in order to get some drops of blood as I have read in the Book of Soul Switching, which the droplets quickly fell into the soil that I was standing on. I then quickly bandaged myself on the wound before looking at the red moon, the source of evilness. Not before I put the required objects onto their specific positions as I stepped into the black circle. Then Mordred nodded at me with a glint of madness in his irises and muttered three words. Just three words that made my life another massive change. 

'Just do it!'

'Glory to those who have died chivalrous for thy have offered thy blood and soul to change thy world!' I raised my palm at the red moon, not before slamming my hand onto the ground and the area inside the black circle lighted up in an eerie glow with symbols appearing like magic from the circumference of the circle, making me feel even powerful than before. But, a few moments later, the glow disappeared like dust.

'You are now the new Soul Switcher and the new Dark King now, Sir Robinson. Congratulations !'

'Thanks, Mordred. You're the best! Now I must go now, otherwise, my parents may have some suspicion about me as they are worried about my safety.'

'I will always be there for you Sir Robinson. A sharp whistle would do the job.'

'Sure, bye.' And then when I looked up he was gone already as if he hasn't appeared once before, and I quickly rubbed away the dried blood on the ground using the black chalk and warm water to loosen up the blood to cover up the tracks and packed my school bag before skateboarded back to Knightsbridge Station, back to home.

As I was taking the tube back to Inglewood Road, I saw something particular. There was actually an old man tailing me from behind, which made me feel suspicious about him. He wore a white cape that had blue linings that hid his face from being seen. There were weird symbols on his cape as if those symbols were very familiar to me. His footsteps were also very strange because they were half-slow and half-steady, following behind me as if he was dancing on a beat at the local pub. My instincts were telling me I should avoid direct contact with this weirdo but part of me think that I should confront this person, to ask him to stop following me. But in the end, I made this final decision when changing the station to Green Park Station.

I went to a place where I know that it is very secret but enough people are around to make me feel safe, which I call 'The Cat Hole'. I stopped at the wall where I could sense that the person was feeling puzzled about my actions.

'So, I think you should introduce yourself for I am the next generation of the Soul Switcher, sir?' I turned around to see the person was taking off the head of his cloak, revealing an old and weary face with an extra-long, white beard.

'I think you should be telling me what you have just done, kiddo. I don't want you to be my enemy. For I am Merlin, The Grand Sorcerer of New Camelot!' He threatened me with his staff, slamming onto the floor and caused the floor to crack but that didn't make me flinch at all.

'Well, isn't the Garbage Sorcerer of Camels? ' All of a sudden, Mordred appeared out of nowhere and hovered next to me and I could see that his shackles were gone for good, plus he was polishing his rapier with a tiny handkerchief which making me feel relaxed.

'So it's you, my old nemesis. How's it been for the past few decades in that rubbish book of yours which you have been plotting those dreadful plans of the so-called "To-make-the-world-a-better- place"?' The old man who called himself Merlin spat out those words in distaste as if he didn't want to say those words out of his mouth.

'I see that your powers have been decreased significantly, having the final and wise judgment from Dragon Knight herself of the Knights of the Round Table, by just leaving a fraction of your magic powers behind the rusty and mashed-up brain of yours. I couldn't just help laughing about it, haha!' Mordred cackled happily while I snickered at him for the man who called himself Merlin, was blushing in embarrassment with his cheeks as red as two tomatoes.
'Anyway, I think you should leave my savior alone if you would like to taste the silver of this blade of mine. I do believe that the perfect memory of mine is that you have been pierced by the Silent Clarent, not once but thrice if not for your beautiful spell books that are keeping your precious life until now. And now, with my shackles are being gone for good, what fate shall you decide? Leave or fight?' He cackled even much eviler and louder than before.
'Very well, but don't think this is the last time you see me, Mordred. And you too, Mr. New Soul Switcher. 'He quickly turned away and disappeared into the air.

'It seems that we aren't safe here at all. Allow me to teleport us back to your home, Mister Robinson. Dark Fire Teleport! 'He snapped his fingers and sure enough, a blackish, swirling matter appeared in front of us which the dark matter first sucked him into it first, not before I, too, was about to be sucked into it, and I quickly clutched my skateboard tightly in my both hands and then my eyes were shut. During the time inside the matter, it was very ear-piercing as screams of pain and agony were all around me.

By the time I opened my eyes again, I was already back at the doorstep of my house, and once again, Mordred disappeared out of my sight. What's the problem with this guy? Anyway, I opened the door of my house and my parents must have slept already because the lights were already out so I took a quick shower since my clothes were all drenched in sweat, brushed my flawless teeth not before I took my medications and went straight to bed.

................................................................................................................................................................

'Damn that son of a gorgon! I should have prepared myself for this! And damn that Dragon Knight for she took most of my powers! If only I could stop them with my all might! I should have called my best ally, Z, himself to help me to defeat those two! But for that New Soul Switcher, he's too young to be cursed! He must have some reason why he opened that cursed book! I shall try to negotiate with him someday!' Merlin signed sadly as he returned back to the bookstore to see it to have a sign that read ' Don't try to find my heir and precious tool, or you shall feel my wrath!'

'We shall see about that, Mordred!' Merlin cursed as he ripped off that piece of paper over the Welcome Sign into a ball and threw it away onto the empty streets.