E P I L O G U E

EPILOGUE : 𝒀𝒆𝒐𝒏𝒋𝒖𝒏'𝒔 𝒋𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒏𝒂𝒍
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

(FINAL ENTRY)

To my dearest Soobin,

I'm sorry for not saying anything about my condition. I really thought this wasn't serious since I've been doing just fine. But it gotten worse over time and I knew I wouldn't have enough time left.

I told you to hate me, remember? How foolish of me. It was that time when my doctor told me that I'll only have few months left to live. I wouldn't want to see you suffer and worry about me. I just want you to be happy.

I wanted you to forget about me. Then, there was this fire accident. I thought I was gonna die, before I lost my consciousness I called you because I wanted to hear your voice for the last time.

I woke up and I was still breathing. There were a lot of things attached to my body. I heard the news and there was a boy who had the same name as me also died. I thought about being that dead boy instead.

I don't want to sound creepy but I've been watching you from afar for a year. I really wanted to see you, but I don't know how you would react. I've been such a coward, but I was glad that you were doing fine. I was happy that you were smiling.

I'm sorry if I was too selfish. I'm sorry if I hurt you and Beomgyu. I'm sorry for everything.

I hope you won't lose your smile. It's the most beautiful thing that ever existed‐you were the most beautiful thing that happened to me.

You're my twilight, this is our twilight‐a sight worth seeing but also a period when something is ending. It's both beautiful and sad.

Always remember that I always love you and nothing can change that. I promise to find you on my next life. I don't want you to be lonely.

I love you, Soobin-ah. Goodbye.