14 "Support"

Warning! Mentions of suicide!
●■●■●■●■●■●■●■●■●■●■●■●■●■●■●

I stood there frozen, praying for the sound of thunder to prove me wrong. It never came. I slowly leaned over, locking my bedroom window. My mind was racing. Three taps on the glass of my window made my heart sink.

I quickly ran out into the living room, locking all the windows and doors. My plan was to call the police, but my phone had died. I felt like crying. I needed to call someone.

I raced to my charger, hastily plugging my phone in. I waited for a bit and then turned it on. I sighed in relief, deciding to call Nina.

It rang for a moment before eventaully being declined.

"Shit! Come on, pick up!" I said, calling her once more. Still nothing. I started to worry about her health as she declined my fifth call.

💚Nina💚: Seriously leave me alone

Me: What?! This is important!

💚Nina💚: No. I do so much for you I'm not doing it this time. Worry about yourself.

I felt myself tearing up at the message. Something didn't seem right. She never typed like that, even when she was angry. I'm overthinking this, aren't I?

●■●■●■●■●■●■●■●■●■●■●■●■●■●■

He quickly typed out the message and threw the phone to the side. Xavier knew what was so urgent. He had told Thomas to follow her home and find something to occupy her attention.

The boy turned his attention over to the locked bedroom door. He could hear the panicked breathing through the door. He banged his fists up against the door and laughed at her scream.

"You aren't very good at hiding, strawberry~!" He shouted to the girl.

"D-Don't even try anything!" She yelled fearfully. He chuckled at how pathetic she was being and threw his fists against the door again.

"Just open the door. No one has to get hurt." He tried to reason. He waited for a response, getting nothing.

"Alrighty then." He sighed. He backed up, getting ready to kick down the door. He kicked in the door, seeing the girl curled up in the corner. She gasped as she saw him, backing even further into the corner.

"Oh come on. You didn't think you could win this one, right?" He taunted, grabbing her by the colar of her shirt. Her eyes widened as he threw her against the wall, leaving a large hole.

She coughed and hit the floor. She tried to get back up, only to be kicked back down again. She landed with a grunt, twisting her wrist.

"If you wanna kill me just do it already!" He frowned at her in a mocking manner before pulling her head up by her hair.

"I don't wanna kill you, red. I told ya, if you opened the door you wouldn't get hurt. Guess what you didn't do?"

"What do you want from me, then?"

"That's easy, strawberry. I just need ya to do what I say."

"And if I don't?" Her question was answered when she felt the cold metal of a gun against her temple. Her eyes widened in fear, obviously wanting to keep her brains intact.

"Got that?" She nodded in response, her hair finally being let go. "Good, good... I'm gonna need you to write a suicide note of sorts."

"B-but what'll happen to me?!"

"Oh don't worry, you won't actually end up in the river. Just trapped in a cellar!" He didn't understand why that didn't comfort her, but at least his plan was working.

●■●■●■●■●■●■●■●■●■●■●■●■●■●■●

Monday, October 16th, 7:30 A.M.

She rolled out of bed with teary eyes. Everything seemed to hurt more now that Nina was gone. Y/n couldn't help but blame herself. Xavier had called her and broke the news earlier in the morning.

She already missed their playful banter, the times they hung out after school, and her snarky comments. The only person she had left was Braden, who seemed to have gone dark too. He didn't pick up calls or answer texts anymore.

She glanced down at her phone, deciding she really needed someone to talk to. She was skipping school and so was Xavier. She needed to talk about her friend's suicide and what happened the night before. She called, the ringing sound bringing back chilling memories of the night before.

"Y/n? Is everything alright?" His voice asked gently. She smiled happily when he answered. He seemed much more considerate than usual.

"Y-yeah. I just really need a friend right about now..." She spoke hoarsely. Her throat was raw and soar from crying.

"A-and I know we haven't known each other for long at all now but..." She continued, feeling flustered having to explain herself.

"It's okay. I'm here for you." A tear rolled down her cheek when she heard this. He smiled to himself as well.

"I really needed to hear that. Th-thank you.."

"So... I think I know how to get your mind off of this tragedy..."

"Oh? Do tell." He lightly chuckled at her.

"I could take you shopping for new clothes. I think you'd look amazing in a dress."

"Oh, I couldn't possibly have you spend so much money..." She said awkwardly.

"Come on, we're friends! Let me spoil you. You know you deserve it." It didn't take much convincing. She eventually agreed.

"Great! I'll pick you up. What's your address again?"

"15 Park Street. The white house." He made an effort to memorize her address for later use. He smiled, happy to finally get that information out of her.

"Be there in ten." He said, ending the call. She quickly got dressed, combing her hair with her fingers. She wiped her teary eyes with her sleeve, hoping her face didn't look too red. She always hated crying in front of other people, especially friends.

She opened the door, deciding to wait on the porch. She stepped out into the cold, hugging herself for warmth. Her mother rarely bought her any jackets and the one Xavier let her borrow was still drying from the rain.

She sat down on the old porch swing, memories flooded back to her. She remembered all the times she goofed off with Nina. All the times they laughed, cried, and celebrated.

"C-could I have helped you...? Maybe if I had noticed it..." She mumbled to herself, unaware of the car pulling into the driveway. Her head shot up at the sound of someone walking up the stairs. She made eye contact with the purple haired boy, quickly jumping up.

"You ready, doll?"