CHAPTER FIFTEEN

- CHAPTER FIFTEEN -
"WARNING SIGNS AND BROKEN TIME."

"Drew! Kalani!" a deep voice echoed through the bar the pair had attended

"Drew! Kalani!" a deep voice echoed through the bar the pair had attended. They had just walked through the door and were looking for the man who called their names: Braun.

The 'Monster Among Men' smiled, making him appear much younger than usual. Drew and Kalani returned smiles as they saw a blonde sitting next to him. She held pink tips at the bottom of her hair: Alexa Bliss.

Kalani had never met Alexa. From what she had heard from Ronda and Nattie, they weren't big fans. However, from what Kalani could tell, Alexa was a kind girl, contrary to her on-screen persona, with a love for this business.

Ronda seemed to have a notion that many of the women's wrestlers within this division weren't deserving of their time because they weren't trained in MMA. Kalani knew that wasn't the case.

Kalani grabbed Drew's offered elbow as they walked towards the pair sitting at a nearby table. Drew and Braun had decided on sharing dinner with Kalani and Alexa as a means for Kalani to meet other coworkers and get out of her house before she went crazy. Braun had known some of what the situation entailed, but Drew tried to keep it as private as possible for the sake of Kalani.

Drew also wanted to know Braun would protect her if he couldn't.

"Hey, big man," Drew smiled. Braun stood to hug Drew as many visitors of the restaurant looked at the giants.

It wasn't every day you see men like them.

Braun moved to the much smaller Kalani Hanifan as he knelt down to give her a hug as well. Kalani smiled, seeing how much gentler he was with her compared to her Scottish friend. Her concussion had still been debilitating in numerous ways, and Braun hadn't wanted to make it worse.

Immediately, the group turned to Alexa. The small girl practically hid behind her giant friend as she smiled towards Kalani and Drew. Drew returned the smile, giving the small girl a hug as well. Kalani laughed at their height difference which had been even worse than Kalani's with Drew.

"Lovely to see you, Bliss," his accent rang through the building.

"Likewise, Drew," her higher-pitched voice returned. Her blue eyes then turned to Kalani's.

"It is such a pleasure to finally meet you," she voiced, extending her arms for a hug. Though Kalani hadn't been a huge fan of hugs, she hadn't gotten this type of affection in a long time. "You are such an inspiration to me."

Her voice soothed Kalani's ears before they parted, everyone sitting down and ordering drinks from the waiter. "You as well," Kalani replied. "Your promos were what I watched when I was going through the classes."