CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

- CHAPTER SEVENTEEN -
"BLANK STARES AND MUFFLED THOUGHTS."

Kalani's adrenaline had died, and all she could feel was pain

Sure, the former fighter was no stranger to pain. She supposed all of the commotion in her life had her going soft.

Kalani and Ronda had finished cutting their go-home segment leading up to WrestleMania. They had been arrested, crashed the police cars, and even broke through the windows. It was why Kalani was wincing as the doctor removed a huge glass shared from her wrist.

The two had done their job: they convinced the entire WWE Universe that they absolutely hated one another. The funny thing was the fact that they actually did.

Kalani supposed she felt bad on the sheer basis that ever since their big breakup, she hadn't thought about Ronda once. She had more pressing matters at hand, anyways.

Plus, Ronda had never been that great of a friend to her.

Kalani's lip curled slightly at the sound of cheering, knowing that it was Drew's segment. Television segments were the only time they spent apart anymore.

It had been ironic, seeing that the two were at such weird points with one another. They were platonic—but at times it felt like they should be so much more if they got out of their own way's.

They were to stubborn for their own good; Drew wanted to protect Kalani and Kalani was still upset that Drew turned on her so quickly.

Kalani knew that she was being petty. She didn't care.

"Alright," the doctor spoke, cutting Kalani of her thoughts, "you're good as new. The glass didn't cut deep, so just make sure to clean out the cut and we can wrap it up for 'Mania."

The brunette smiled at the man. He had been generous with her, and so unbelievably delicate. Kalani had almost forgotten what it was like for a man to treat her like that.

Her body moved towards the door, but just as her hand touched the cold metal doorknob, another piece of cold metal touched the back of her forehead.

Mark Farraway had finally caught up to her.

Her newly-appointed bodyguard had been outside, so Kalani knew that this fight was one of her own. It had been fitting—Mark was stalking her, she should have seen this coming from a mile away. However, Kalani had been putting too much faith in overqualified men around her rather than using her own womanly intuition.

Her hair on the back of her neck stood up as chills ran through her body at the clicking of the handgun. Mark had been in the room the entire time, waiting for the perfect moment to blindside her.