Chapter 5

How are you ,guys?

Summer is almost here, and I'm crying.

I love winter. Who doesn't anyway, right? Right ;)

Forgive my grammar mistakes, like I said before, English is my second language. So,...

Anyways, ENJOY!!!

Chapter 5

Edited

The thing about weekend is that you get to be free to do whatever you want. Some people hang out with their friends. Others spend it with their families. And some even travel. But not me. I just spend the entire day in bed. Most people would say I'm depressed. In fact, I'm not depressed at all. I'm just lazy!!

I love my bed. And I love to lie down and just chill. It feels nice. There was one weekend though, when Olivia kept begging me to go to a night club, even when she knew that I don't drink. And that I hate those places where almost everyone is just trying to get laid at any cost. And the smell of alcohol and sweaty bodies makes me wanna puke.

Anyways, I let her convince me. And to say she was ecstatic would be an understatement. She gave me a dress that made me look really, really slutty. I have no problem with revealing clothes, but it's a problem if you don't wanna attract the eyes of horny assholes. So I switched the dress for a pair of dark, tight jeans, a black turtle neck, and a tight black cardigan. It made me look like an FBI agent, but whatever. I liked it that way.

Long story short, we got there. We danced, and she got wasted. She was so drunk that by the end of the night she puked everything on me. It was awful. What's the point of getting so fucking drunk that you can't see right in front of you, throw up everywhere and embarrassing yourself then wake up with the most earth shattering headache not remembering what the fuck happened the other night? Why would anyone want to go through that?! I'll never know...

I ended up calling Chris in the middle of the night to come get us, and he came right away. She was so out of it that he had to carry her out to his car, and I had to take her car and drive home with my soiled, smelly clothes. Courtesy of Olivia...

The next morning I drove her car back to her place, and to check on her. I kept yelling at her only to rile her up and make it worse for her so she would never think about doing something like that ever again.

And maybe that was the most interesting weekend for as long as I can remember. It was about 8 months ago, I guess.

Apparently this weekend was different. I woke up early. I have to get ready and start packing since my flight to Miami is at 9 AM tomorrow. Olivia has our tickets.

I needed to go grocery shopping for mum, and I have dinner tonight with Olivia. A storm of thoughts is running around in my head.

I decided I wanted to go jogging today. I got up from my bed, went to the bathroom and did my morning routine. After I finished I went to my closet and pulled out some yoga pants, a sports bra, and a tank top. I know it's chilly outside, but I would be running, and I would get hot. I changed and then put my hair up into a messy pony tail. I put on my sports watch and ear buds.

I went downstairs and grabbed a bottle of water from the refrigerator then got my keys and went outside. I played some music and started walking for a bit to warm up. After about ten minutes I was warm enough and I started running. I lost myself in the feeling of the morning breeze on my skin, the smell of freshly watered grass. It was euphoric.

I jogged for a few miles away from the house. I wasn't tired yet, so I did some more. When I felt really thirsty, I stopped to take a breather and calm for a bit. I drank some of my water. When I looked at the watch I saw that I've been running for half an hour now. It was ten thirty. I ran back to my house, but I was a little slower so it took me more than half an hour to get there.

When I went inside the house, I found mum in the kitchen making breakfast. The smell was great, and I was starving.

"Morning, mum!!" I spoke up, and mum gasped loudly.

"Oh, you foolish girl. You scared me half to death." I giggled at her reaction, and she laughed along with me, but soon her laugh turned into a shortness of breath, and she was really paler than usual.

"Mum, are you okay? You've been like this since yesterday. Should we go see a doctor?"

"No, It's okay, sweetie. I'm fine, it's just been a stressful week, that's all." She replied curtly. "Now, you're all sweaty. Go take a shower, until I'm done with breakfast."

I sighed. She didn't leave room for arguing. I went to my room and took a shower then changed into a white dress, with black knit sweater on top, and left it open. I had no time to blow dry my hair so I just dried it with my towel then put it into a bun. I sprayed some perfume and noticed that I'm almost out. Guess I'll stop by Victoria's Secret to buy a new bottle of my favorite scent and maybe some new sets of lingerie. I know what you're thinking. Why would I want to buy sexy underwear? Well, I love to wear them, even for myself. I went downstairs to find Rose already here chatting with mum.

"Hey, Rose!!" I called cheerfully. She turned to me and smiled before she stood and gave me a hug.

"How is my favorite girl doing?" She asked genuinely.

"Come on, I'm not a girl anymore." I gave a small laugh.

"Well, you are to me. Besides, you're only 22. You're so young."

Once you enter a debate with her you never win. So I just said "Whatever you say." And smiled.

She excused herself to get a phone call and went out to the front porch.

"Mum, look. After I buy the groceries I have to run to the mall to get some stuff."

"Sure, sweetie. Take the car. What do you need from the mall anyway?"

"I need some toiletries and stuff."

"Okay then. If you're going to Victoria's Secret, you're gonna need this." And she slipped me her credit card.

"Mum, I don't need this. I have my own." I rolled my eyes as I felt irritated

"Emma please. Stop being stubborn for once and accept what I'm giving you. I'm your mother after all. You should listen to me." She scoffed with her hands on her waist. I can't believe this.

"Actually mum, I listen. The biggest example is that I'm still living here with you while I should be having my own place." She appeared really hurt by that statement. I immediately regretted it. I sounded very ungrateful right now and mum did nothing but give me everything I want.

"Mum, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that. It was totally out of line. Please, forgive me."

"You don't need to apologize, Emma. You're right. And if you wanna move out I'll understand that and I won't stop you. It's just hard being in a place where you're not in it. You're all I have, sweetie." She was very sincere, and it made me feel horrible. I went to her and hugged her tight.

"I love you, mum. I'll never leave your side. I just hope you don't get tired of me." I heard her chuckle and I sighed in relief.

"I'll never get tired of you, Emma. You'll always be my baby girl."

"Guys, I'm really touched by your little moment. But I hate chick flick so please cut it out." Rose mocked.

"How long have you been standing there?" mum asked her, and I was laughing.

"Long enough to hear all the mushy gushy stuff." She sang with a goofy smile.

We all laughed and sat together to have breakfast. Mum made amazing scrambled eggs and sausages. I finished eating, and washed my plate.

"Okay, guys. I'm out of here. See ya. Love you."

"Bye, you." Rose replied.

"Take care, sweetie." Mum mumbled before I shut the door behind me.

I went first to the grocery store. It was one in the afternoon, so it should be enough to do everything I need until my 'date' with Olivia tonight.