Chapter 13

Hey, guys!!

The story has reached 150 views. I know that seems so little to most of you, but it means the world to me. So, thank you, for everyone supporting my story and giving it time. Especially, my friend and great author sanelovee. She always supports me, and encourages me to move forward.

The last couple of weeks have been hectic, since I discovered that I had Covid-19. Lucky me, I'm a survivor. It was detected early and now I'm in recovery. Thank god!!

Stay healthy, guys. And again, thank you!

Chapter 13

"Emma, don't worry. I'm absolutely sure she's gonna be just fine." I couldn't seem to stop panicking, yet I was awfully calm.

"I know that. She has to be." I breathed softly, not sure if Olivia heard me or not, but at this point I couldn't give a fuck. Mum has to be okay. She reached for my hand, and squeezed it reassuringly. I kept staring at nothing in particular while she was speeding through the cars to get to the hospital. I told her that I was fine, but she insisted on coming with me. I was really grateful for her because she could't imagine how scared out of my wits I was.

I didn't know how long it took for us to reach the hospital. Everything thing seemed kind of a blur. As soon as she pulled over, I quickly got out of the car and rushed inside to the check in office. There was a lady sitting with a computer in front of her, and she was chewing gum like nothing mattered in the whole world. She didn't look so friendly. Well, that doesn't fucking matter. All that matters is that I get to mum.

"Excuse me, I need your help. There was someone admitted here today. Mary Asher." I rushed the words to her. I was panting loudly. I felt Olivia by my side, and the not so friendly receptionist eyed her up and down before doing the same to me.

"Let me guess, rich bitches with money who can bribe the entire hospital to do what your little asses desire." She spat out while  rolling her eyes. I sighed deeply, trying to be calm, and to prevent myself from ripping her throat out. The image looked pretty satisfying in my mind though.

"What the fuck is your problem?" Olivia growled at her, but I decided to take the high road there.

"Livy, be nice, please. Let me handle this." I whispered calmly, then turned to the nicest receptionist ever and read her name Kimmy on the name tag she was putting on her shirt.

"Listen, Kim.." I deliberately said her name like this to infuriate her and it seemed to be doing the trick because she sent me death glares right away.

"It's Kimmy." She yelled angrily. Okay, someone needed to be set right.

"Yeah, whatever.. I really didn't want it to come to this, but you picked the wrong day to mess with me. I don't know what made your insecure petty self this judgy over someone you don't know anything about and I don't care for that matter. What I do care about, is that my mum is sick and I need to see her. I can be the rich bitch you claim I am to be and get you fired right away. Now, I don't want that, and certainly you don't want that either. I'm not asking much really, just tell me where Mary Asher is." I took a deep breath after I finished and glanced at Olivia to find her smirking at Kim..yes, Kim.

She bit her lip hard and went to type something rapidly and angrily on the computer.

"Are you a relative?" Is she for real?

"Are you seriously that dump? She just told you she's her daughter." Olivia couldn't seem to stand her that much, not that I do either, but I think giving her a piece of mind was enough.