Chapter 14

180 views. Woah!!! You guys are awesome. I love how much you support me. It makes me really happy you can't even imagine.

Votes and comments are so appreciated, so don't forget to do just that, okay? Okay!!

PS: This chapter has a little drama to it, but it's the end of it, I promise!!

ENJOY! ;-)

Chapter 14

I zipped up my funeral dress as I stood in front of my full length mirror. It was lace with long sleeves and it reached my knees. I put my hair in a low pony tail, and wore my nude heels. I left my face with no makeup because who wants to put on makeup in something like this. I kept staring at the mirror for a few minutes.

I had to honor mum's memory, I had to show her that I'll survive on my own just like she did. I didn't know what my life was gonna be after her, but I'm sure she's watching over me. I'm sure she'll take care of me in her own way. But that didn't make it any easier, it's killing me knowing that I'd never see her again. I'd never be able to have her warm meals again. I'd never hear her calling my name again. I'd never be comforted by her again.

All of that brought tears to my eyes and I shook my head to get rid of them. I took a long deep breath and calmed myself, took my black clutch and went downstairs where Rose, her husband and the twins were waiting. Her little boys, Marcus and Jared, ran to me and hugged my legs.

"We miss you, Emma." Marcus started softly.

"Yes, very much." Jared completed. They were seven but also very cute. They got their father's blonde hair and blue eyes. I felt a little safe with all of them here. My eyes watered again. God, I'm such a cry baby.

"Come on, little men. Off to the car." Ewan, Rose's husband called them and they ran off with him following after. Rose engulfed me in a hug right after. I laid my head on her shoulder and sighed heavily. I suppose she's all I have now.

"I love you, kid. I'll always be here for you, no matter what." Rose's tender voice soothed me. She reminds me of mum, even her smell sounds like mum's. I let go of her and smiled a tight smile.

"I know that. We should go now, we don't wanna be late." I breathed quietly, my voice is scratchy.

"Okay." She replied simply, and we went outside before I locked the door and got into the car in the back seat with the twins by my side. The half hour drive to the cemetery was very quiet. I preferred it this way. I thought I'd crack if I hear any noise.

We went to the area where the service was being held and sat on the chair. There weren't much people really. There were Rose, her husband and kids, Olivia, Chris, two or maybe three of mum's colleagues. I was thankful for each one who came to pay respects for mum. She deserved it. I looked at father Andrews and he nodded at me with a sad look on his face. I've known him my whole life, and mum did too.

Olivia came and sat beside me as I was staring at mum's casket. It was maroon brown with daisies all over it. I hope you rest in piece, mum. I felt Olivia kissing my head before she embraced me in a side hug as the the service began. I couldn't pay attention really to what Father Andrews said. I was staring at nothing in particular. After he finished, Rose got up and said a few words, then Olivia. And when I went up there, I couldn't fathom to utter one word. I was about to fall off my feet, when Olivia and Chris came up and sat me down on the chair once more.

It felt like forever until it was all over. I watched as they put mum underground and put a gravestone that had "Mary Asher, A loving mother, A loyal friend" written on it. When it was time to go, Olivia came to me as I was standing by my mum's newly grave.