Chapter 8

I sleep like a Koala these days, and I have no idea why. It's so frustrating, because I have a huge load of work to do, plus I want to update as soon as I can.

I'm pushing a heavy rock up an endless mountain, as Bonnie Bennet put it, LOL!!
ENJOY;-)

Chapter 8

"Are you excited? Wait, you know what.. Don't answer that." I laughed hard at the way Olivia talked, she never seizes to amuse me.

"Well, I'm going to Miami with my best friend and her fiancé. I'm not thrilled but I'm not complaining." I told her honestly. I was currently sitting in the back seat of Chris's car and on our way to the airport. I didn't know what the fuss was all about. It's just a three days trip. But that's Olivia who we're talking about.

"Ouch. Why didn't you just slap me, Emma? That would've been less painful." Chris told me, his tone was a bit serious.

"Get over yourself!" I told him while I was looking at my phone. He didn't respond and I smirked to myself.

"Emma, that wasn't very nice." Olivia spoke seriously.

"Let me see if I care.. Well, I don't!!" I told her, still playing on my phone.

"You know, I'm starting to get sick of this Bitch attitude." Olivia growled while scowling.

"Hey, don't get upset. I said I'm not mad at you anymore, but I never said I'd make it easy on you." I replied while shrugging simply.

"You'll get an earful for this later." She whispered, yelled, pointing her index finger at me. I was already looking at my phone then.

"Oh, bring it on, baby." I told her, enjoying this. I felt bad, but I was having fun.

"I'm developing a migraine from this cat fight, would you please stop?" Chris spoke, slightly groaning.

"That's not a cat fight, honey." Olivia replied to him, then she kissed his cheek, and rubbed his face. "But I'm sorry, I'll make it up to you later, I promise." She whispered sweetly.

"That's what I'm talking about." He replied seductively. I'm not squeamish or anything but he was driving.

"Not here guys, please." I groaned seriously. They parted and Chris kept driving.

Half an hour later, we arrived at the airport, and he parked the car in the garage and paid for it to stay for another four days so we can drive home with it after coming back. I got my bag, and wheeled it inside with Olivia beside me, and Chris following behind us. Olivia handed me my ticket, and I got my passport to check in. After our bags got searched and checking in, we got everything and walked in the hallway that led to the plane.

"Why am I not seeing any of our colleagues? " I asked Olivia.

"You'll find out." She said vaguely but she was smiling.

"Am I gonna regret it?" I asked her, worried.

"No, you're actually gonna thank me." She replied and I closed my mouth. When I got inside the plane, the flight attendant ushered me to my seat, and it was in the first class. Maybe, this wouldn't be bad after all. And then it hit me, I was travelling with my best friend...my rich best friend. I never actually bothered to look at the ticket, she must've upgraded us in the first class.

"Have you figured it out yet?" Olivia asked me while she was buckling her belt. They sat in the same raw I was in, only no one sat beside me.

"Yes, I have."  I hated it when she did that, but she only meant well.