prologue.

"So, you basically just mess with their brain chemicals?"

"Mostly. Sometimes I put cells in where they don't belong to cause acidic problems."

The redheaded executive lightheartedly chuckled at her carefree attitude. Especially when talking about messing up a person.

"How about you?"

"I control gravity." He voiced out with pride; one hand on his chest the other holding his hat. "That sounds so cool! Better than mine, anyways."

The two stopped their walking when a fellow colleague stepped in from of them, blocking their way from going any further in the hallway. "Hm?"

"Taiyo, was it? Boss is looking for you."

The two new friends looked at each other in confusion, before eventually splitting ways with Chuuya telling her to join him at lunch later.

Huge wooden doors are what lead her to the spacious room of the boss. Taiyo glanced at the big view of Yokohama to her left, then back again to the person who requested for her presence.

"You asked for me, boss." She stated, trying to get his attention since the old man was too focused on dressing his 'kid' up. "Elise, green looks good on you!"

"No!! It looks horrible, Mori!" The blondie yelled out, making Taiyo's eyebrow twitch in pure annoyance.

"Oh- she's here. Please, Elise, just wear this-" Grabbing it roughly, the girl agreed with a groan, going out of the office from the door behind Mori. "Fine! You owe me new clothes!"

The door slamming shut echoed throughout, Taiyo's face wanted to slam her face as hard as Elise did. 'This is such a drag..'

"I apologise for that, Taiyo-chan. Please, take a seat."

Taking fast steps to the chair, Mori watched her every move. "Is there anything new?" She asked, getting straight to the point. Mori was slightly shocked by her blunt attitude.

"You'll be working with Hirotsu. As always, you'll be the one cleaning things up." His chin was resting on the hands that were folded together.

"Who is this target?"

"Someone who has recently rigged us of an important deal. Hirotsu will explain other details to you later." She nodded, taking the information in quickly. "What deal, if I may ask."

"A big drug deal that could've helped us with our goals more. Too bad that they delivered a fake one and decided to go into hiding." Taiyo hummed, then proceeded to stand up, getting ready for the clean up. "I'll do my best."

"It'll start tomorrow so get ready."

Then she walked out of the office, shocking the bodyguard since she went out without Mori's approval. Said boss just smirked in triumph.

"That was fast." Chuuya looked at her in amusement, "What'd he say?"

"Something about doing another clean up tomorrow with this Horitsu guy." The executive almost spit out his drink, trying to resist a laugh from her mistake. "You mean Hirotsu?" Taiyo looked back at him with a blank look, sweat dripping down the side of her head. "Yeah... Hirotsu.."

Looking down on her own lunch, she started freaking over how embarrassing the situation currently is. "Good luck in remembering other names in the future." He teased, making her turn red even more.

"You want to go have a drink later tonight?" She took a bite before glancing his way, "Shayme pwuce?" Her mouth full, yet Chuuya still understood. "Mhm. As usual."

"Also dont talk with your mouth full."

"Mmgei mohm."

The door opening and closing echoed throughout the sleeping street. The girl entered her apartment with a groggy walk, "Aish... another long day." A husky quickly ran her way, its paws scratching on the floor with his tongue out.

"Taiki! Hey boy, how you been?" Patting his head, he responded with a soft bark. "Let's eat, momma's really hungry."

Standing up to walk to the kitchen, she took out the necessary ingredients for a well needed after work dinner.

"I wonder what will happen tomorrow."

hello luvs! welcome to the sequel of "thicker than the mind"!! this book will be the last, and i hope to make it a good ride for yall! thank you for your continuous support and you guys are what made me make a sequel 🥺

this book will be quite long (especially each chapter) since the plot that i thought of will be quite lengthy ;( but i do hope you enjoy this and stay till the end 🥰

also updates might run slow due to me being addicted to hxh

thank u once again and welcome to "bloodline"!!