one friday morning.

"Mghm... what the hell is that noise?"

A woman with ruffled clothes and tousled hair tried to loosen up from her significant other's tight grasp. "Let go for a bit you hot little shit." Said man huskily chuckled, eyes still closed.

"Mm.. Ten thirty... we can rest for five m- WAIT TEN THIRTY?!" Panicking and quickly trying to get out of his hold, the bandaged man finally woke up with a groan. "W-"

The woman yelped as she slipped out of his grasp like a snake, resulting in her falling off the bed and hitting the floor head first. A groan of discomfort quickly followed while her boyfriend just peaked over the bed.

"You good, love?"

"We're late, Dazai!"

"Well, we slept this far, didn't we? Why not just move as normal since we're already la-" He was interrupted by her grabbing his bandages that served as his sleeping clothes. "I have a meeting with Kunikida, Dazai!"

Eyes widening at the mention of his scary colleague, he just simply smirked with a shrug. "Well, good luck with that-!" His retort was cut off by his girlfriend basically whipping him out of bed and into the bathroom.

"Taiyo! What are you-"

"Shut up and just strip, idiot! You take too long in the shower so we'll just take one together!"

"Hey! I do not take- ow! Be careful- Taiyo!"

The two detectives kept on bickering while the morning sun peaked through their bedroom window; their curtains flowing gracefully. The apartment was quiet, sounds of water dripping down made it feel like deja vu. Sounds of the city's breathing was as loud as the shower, the usual Yokohama morning.

Steam emitted out of the bathroom with a running half naked woman dashing to find her usual work clothes. Her boyfriend followed from behind with a matching towel, calm and composed unlike her. "Where's my pendant?"

"Oh! It's with me, mind if I wear it today?"

He looked her way to see her putting it on- his eyes swirling with a look of love and warmth. "No it's fine. You look good in it." Smiling and turning around to wear his clothes, Taiyo turned as well with a flushed face.

The couple panted loudly while running like a zombie hoard was following them. Dazai was panting the most since he wasn't the athletic type, while Taiyo breathed out slight pants, all the while looking fresh. "You shouldn't have burnt our breakfast! We missed the bus!"

"Sorry, but our building was about to catch on fire!" Dazai had difficulty getting that out, but he was proud that he did. "Why are we running anyway?!"

"Because if we took a train it'll be twice the wait and we'll be there in 3 hours. Running is the best option right now!" The taller detective sighed loudly, all the while keeping up with his lover that was way in front of him.

"What-What's the meeting about anyway?" He asked, Taiyo not looking back at him. "Something about drugs? I don't know." Dazai deadpanned at her "You don't know what you're going to be talking about...?"

"Well, to be fair, you don't even work!"

"Touché."

Just then, the building of their beloved brick building came into their sights. It's accurate size and color making Taiyo satisfied as always. Many memories were made there, in which each one will always be reminisced. The morning sun hitting the building just added more to her satisfaction.

"Fucking finally!"

Dazai quickly ran inside to the lobby, very eager to sit on the elevator floor and take a breather.

That's exactly what he did. Although Taiyo was panting as well, she didn't have the need to sit on the dirty floor that he was on. "How are you not heavily panting right now?"

"I'm active." She glanced with an innocent and blank look. "Active in what?" He smirked, not expecting the kick that was given to him from her. He decided to just laugh it off and enjoy the air.

Ding!

The elevator chimed, the doors slowly opening making Taiyo get a feel of deja vu. Though this time, the air didnt change feel off, and even if it did, she's glad that she has someone by her side.

"You ready for a scolding?" The brunette asked her, stepping out of the elevator and walking beside her down the hallway. Taiyo side eyed him, "You'll get a scolding too since you didn't wake me or before me to remind me of a meeting." She forwarded with a mischievous smile while he just looked at her with a blank look, momentarily pausing his steps to just follow her with his head.

"Hey it's not my fault you slept in late!" He retorted back, but was shushed when she raised a finger, her hand levitating on the door knob. "Ready?" Dazai just sweatdropped at her dramatic reaction, but he hummed nonetheless.

The sound of the door opening alerted everyone in the room, so eyes were on them when the two detectives entered. One with a guilty smile, the other kind of sweaty and neutral.

"Morning everyone!" The ADA relaxed when it was just the two couple that they've been waiting for the past 2 hours. "Heeyyy~ Kunikida-kun!" Taiyo cautiously approached the seemingly calm detective, a sweat dripping down her neck.

Her boyfriend watched from a far, then proceeded to walk to his desk to avoid being caught in their future fight. "Sorry I'm late to the meeting." She flashed a bright smile to him, yet he was focused on his computer. "The meeting was cancelled."

Freezing like a deer in the headlights, she had never felt disappointed over a cancelled meeting. Usually it was the other way, but because of her effort to come here she couldn't help but feel sad. "Oh... Why though?" She asked, eyes closed and mind hazy; the perfect way to describe her was the sad face emoticon.

"President said he had some business to tend to. It'll just be taken tomorrow." Kunikida typed in almost sonic speed on his computer, his keyboard almost being broken by the speed of his fingers. "Alright then."

Taiyo went to her desk, a comical defeated aura around her making her boyfriend look up in concern. "Meeting got cancelled huh?" He smugly asked with legs up on the desk, and hands behind his head. Taiyo didn't do anything but just hum.

Atsushi gave her a worried look, all the while trying not to chuckle at her funny face for being defeated.

"Uh, T-Taiyo-san..?"

She hummed.

"Can I talk to you for a minute?"

Dazai looked up from his magazine.

"...Sure."

hello luvs! this is the first chap hope yall enjoyed! this chapter was nothing but good vibes 😌🙏

im here to say that updates will be slow, and i might not be updating every night unlike tttm. unfortunately i have enough time to watch HXH !!! (such a great anime btw) and since my father is not feeling well lately, i will have to do chores in my house, helping my mother while doing so.

so forgive me if i wont update much! ily all and i deeply appreciate every comment and vote 🥺💗 ill try my best to update !!

love you all,
vel.