nine glares.

"We are so getting our asses beat."

Taiyo whispered to Dazai beside her, both of them facing their colleague who seemed to have just woke up. The blond detective trutted their way, and the couple sweated in their coats.

Once Kunikida was in front of them, Dazai and Taiyo sweatdropped. "H-Hey... Kunikida." Taiyo greeted happily, masking the nervousness that grew in her stomach.

"Had a good sleep?" Dazai mumbled, trying to keep his laugh in. Taiyo looked back at him while trying to keep her smile in; eyes wide and lip trembling.

"You two..." He started making the two detectives's scared feelings grow over them.

The other policemen stared or glanced at the three shouting detectives, one of them beating the other two up.

"DO YOU KNOW WHAT TIME IT IS?! I WAS HAVING A GOOD SLEEP THEN I GOT A CALL SAYING THAT YOU KILLED SOMEONE! NOW I GOT TO FIX THINGS UP AND-"

Dazai and Taiyo grimaced at hearing the second sentence. When they arrived at the hospital they made a scene, then directly went to the caretaker's room to check on her, stealing a nurse's key card in the process.

Of course, this caused suspicion between the officers so they had to take captive of the two detectives before things get cleared.

Kunikida's bickering and beating the detectives up ceased as a black car rolled up the hospital's parking lot where everyone was currently conversing.

Taiyo's eyes widened and a bright smile appeared on her face when she saw who got out, "Yuzuru!"

Her best friend walked up to her with a smile, his fit consisted of a simple blouse and dress pants with a grey coat. He looked handsome as ever. "Got yourself in another mess, Taiyo?"

Kunikida and Dazai collectively glared at the man who just appeared. "And who are you?" They asked with a sharp and threatening glare, though Yuzuru acted unfazed.

Bringing his badge out he introduced himself, "I'm Yuzuru Hanyu, chief of squad 7. The squad handling this right now." He gestured to the people surrounding the area.

Taiyo seemed to be on the verge of tears, and Dazai just looked back and forth between the two. His face scrunched up in a disgusted look. "I missed you, Yuzuru! Kunikida was beating me up." Taiyo whined and Kunikida sweatdropped.

"Good for him. You're quite annoying." He groaned as he pulled the tip of Taiyo's ear, making her whine and push his tall ass away.

Dazai was analysing every bit of the newcomer. His hair was a dark black, face clean, and a body that could make Taiyo melt, knowing her. It made every bit of his being jealous, as you would say.

His face showed no reaction, although it changed quite a bit from his face earlier. Kunikida, although sleepy, noticed this well. "You never met him?"

"No. And I hate how close he's being right now." He grumbled, arms crossed and brows furrowed.

Taiyo asked Yuzuru if he did anything, and he gladly answered. Both of them far from earshot when Dazai and Kunikida conversed. "Good thing the bastard's shoes left something. It's a size eleven, and I'm sure Dazai isn't one?"

She shook her head, "He's a twelve, I think." Yuzuru nodded his head, releived none of them was a culprit. "Good. We'll take care of it here. You go and get some rest." He patted her back, but before he could go away, Taiyo held his wrist.

"Forgot something." She rose a fist up, and so did he. They proceeded to do their signature hand shake, while Dazai and Kunikida watched in the distance with a glare. "Thanks again, Yuzu! I'll pay you back, promise!" She patted his back as she returned to her colleagues.

Yuzuru had a wide smile, happy that his friend was happy.

"Hey! So, we're free to go since the culprit left some tracks that clearly didn't belong to us. Let's go home your salty boys!" She dragged both of them by the ear, and she yelled a thanks to Yuzuru again before heading home to their respective vehicles.

"I'll be heading to the library. I need to research some things." She adjusted her coat, glancing at her boyfriend that was too busy scrolling on his phone to care.

Today was a Saturday, a cold one at that. Taiyo asked to borrow Dazai's coat since his was much thicker than hers; plus he didn't mind. "Dazai?"

She got no response, so she strutted to crouch on where he was lying down on the couch. "I'll be heading out, okay?"

Ever since their way back home from yesterday's events, Dazai was gruesomely quiet to Taiyo's happy bickering. Of course she noticed, but didn't seem to mind since she was too busy talking about her friend that she hasn't seen in a long time.

"Oi." She pinched his cheeks, making him groan and glare at his screen. "What's with you? I said I'll be going out yet you don't respond."

Dazai turned around, his back now facing Taiyo. She grumbled at his childish reaction, "Go out and do what you want. Be with that Yuzuru guy for all I care." He mumbled, low enough for his lover to hear.

Taiyo's eyes widened, her eyes brightening up at his words. "You're jealous, huh?" She stood up a bit to reach over his body to pinch his cheeks once more, hair falling on his features.

"Mph- Taiyow-!" She kept moving and pinching his cheeks that have now gotten red with embarrassment. Taiyo had a close eyed smirk on her face, proceeding to lie down on top of him; still playing with his red cheeks.

"You so are!" She teased, wiggling around on top of his body. "Get down-! You're heavy!" He complained, rustling around as well.

Taiyo shifted up, fixing her position a bit. Now she sat up, letting go of his cheeks. But Dazai couldn't get up and move away since he was trapped between her legs.

Face red, he looked down at their position. "Uh, you're-"

Her eyes widened, noticing their awkward placement. "Sorry!" She immediately got off, standing up properly and fixing her now ruffled clothes.

Clearing her throat, she awkwardly went to the exit door. The uncomfortable silence slowly eating her away, "I'm only going to the library, no meetings whatsoever." She assured him with a sheepish smile.

Dazai was still a bit shocked over what just happened, but at least he's releived to know she won't be meeting someone. "Fine. Have fun." He plumped back down the couch, his attention on his phone again.

Taiyo left the apartment with a red face and a sheepish smile

hello! sorry this didn't have much of a plot, but next chap it will!! till next time ^^

sincerely yours,
vel.