sweet eighteen.

"Nothing wrong so far."

River announced as he scanned the janitor's room for any object that seems out of place. "What else are we going to do here? We can't go in a private room, so what the hell-"

"It's the people we're looking for, River. Not some bombs." Taiyo groaned as she examined the golden plaque that showed its room number. All in pride and gold.

"Yeah, so where are the people?"

"In their rooms."

"Oh, right."

Taiyo face-palmed as she proceeded to walk around and hopefully meet some people. Dazai and River looked at each other in cold sweat, knowing full well her level of patience has been reached. "The guy in the elevator.  How about him?"

She tried her hardest to not freeze, remaining a neutral look on her face like it was the hardest thing in the world. "What about him?"

"It didn't look like he was talking to someone on the phone." Dazai eyed his lover, looking for any sort of weird reaction from her, only to get a yawn. "Really? I didn't pay attention much so I don't know." The brunet detective raised a brow, and while Taiyo tried her hardest to remain calm, a bead of sweat rolled down as he stared at her in interrogation.

Ricer stretched his arms out behind his back, a couple bones being cracked filled the tension the two had going on. He yawned while twisting and turning his body to relieve his former slumped posture, "Man, must be nice living in a place like this."

"River, you could literally buy this building in plain cash."

He smirked with hands behind his back, "You bet I would." Opening his eyes from his mouth drooling stretch, he saw the form of a man approaching them from 2 meters down the hallway.

"Hey, it's the counter guy." River pointed to him, and Dazai quickly put his finger down like a mother would to a child. "Shit, were we found out?" The white haired man audibly gulped, which resorted to his best friend into shushing him.

"There you three are! I checked our log and it seems that you don't have a room. I advise you to leave the property immediately, or else the security will be involved." The man who greeted them from earlier announced with a cheery tone. Though it wasn't what one staff would say to a customer. It was more of a threat than a simple saying to leave.

"Oh? Surely you've been mistaken. You see, my friend and I-"

"Please leave the property."

Taiyo being stopped mid-sentence definitely did a number on her anger level. "I wasn't finished." He gave a closed eye smile, hands all the way to his back. People passing by the hallway in front if them gave the squad weird looks, though they didn't care one bit. Silence engulfed the scene, Taiyo staring intently and maliciously at the man in front of her who remained his annoying closed eye smile.

"We apologise for intruding. We'll leave now." Dazai grabbed his two partners quickly by the shoulder, smiling briefly at the man. Once turning to the opposite direction though, his smile died down.

"You're just going to let this be?" Staying quiet, the detective forced his two partners to go further down the hallway. "Keep your heads forward."

"What? Why-"

Taiyo cut the foreigner off, "Quiet."

Their footsteps resonated throughout the hallway, the stare of the cashier putting a hole through their backs. Taiyo racked her brain for something as to why Dazai did what he did, all the while a whiny foreigner annoyed her to her wits end.

With a click of her fingers, she had an idea as to why this is happening, and with one look at Dazai's eyes was enough confirmation for her.

"Why are you two looking at each other??" River whispered, starting to get creeped out as they progressed further down the hallway while the man was still standing there, observing their retreating form.

"You have an ability, right River?"

He looked at her like she just stated the most bizarre idea ever.

"Yeah, but-"

"Get ready."

HELLLOOOOOOO LOVLIESSSS!!!!! I DEEPLY APOLOGIZE FOR THE SUPER LATE CHAPTER BUT I REACHED 100K READS ON TTTM!!! AND IM SO HAPPY !!! I CANT THANK YALL ENOUGH AAAAAAAA

SCHOOLS BEEN ON MY ASS LATELY AND I COULD RARELY OPEN THIS APP 😭 SO I APOLOGISE HOPE YALL ARE DOING WELL!! STAY SAFE AND ILY

sincerely yours,
vel!