sixteen encounters.

The female detective quietly stumbled inside the president's office, Dazai being the only one paying attention to her entrance. Subtly sitting on top of his chair's armrest, he whispered while grasping her hand. "What happened?"

Looking down at him, she squeezed back. "Later." She faced the president again who was discussing with Kunikida.

"Then, Taiyo asked me to create a blanket to cover the windows." He explained to Fukuzawa who sipped eagerly on his tea, "That's quick thinking, Taiyo. Although I rather you get some actual curtains since those look poorly cut and it's not a good look for our office." The girl chuckled and responded with an 'okay' sign.

"You said that a key penetrated your attacker?" Fukuzawa questioned once again, putting his cup of tea down. "Yes, it came from outside." Kunikida handed the ziplock to the president, him opening it to smell blood mixed with rust.

"Rust? It wasn't rusting before." Taiyo pointed out, the key rusting itself away. Fukuzawa hummed as he examined the key back and forth, "It looks like a regular skeleton key. And this cut like a bullet?" He rose it up to examine it further, not seeing what was so special about it.

"Do you know where it came from?"

Dazai spoke up since none of them were, "It came from the window just before the guest lounge room window. It was 10 inches below the upper frame, so it must've come from a higher building than us." Taiyo looked at him with brows raised. "I'm not going to math it up, but basically it could've come from about 4 meters up ."

Kunikida rose a brow as well, "4 meters up?" Fukuzawa leaned slightly to his desk, Yosano finally butting in the conversation. "Any idea what building they could have stayed at?" Dazai nodded.

"The building two blocks away from us."

"The Miyakyo Building? Isn't that a condo? Could it be one of the people living there?" Fukuzawa sipped his tea once more, thinking about it for a beat. "It could. Though I doubt they're staying around us so closely."

Taiyo chuckled, "If they are, they're quite brave to do so."

"We'll check it out tomorrow. If our new contesters will be bold and show themselves there, be prepared." Fukuzawa wound his hands together, his chin on top of them. "Kunikida, you'll call the condo and say that we'll be doing a quick go through. Tell them to not alert any of people there." He nodded, pushing his glasses up in habit.

"Taiyo and Dazai will investigate there tomorrow; bring someone who you'll think will be useful." They nodded in sync, "Oh, and wear your most casual clothing."

"Who will we bring?"

The two lovers walked side by side down the street. Dazai's arms wrapped around her waist while she briefly checked her phone for any messages. "Hmm, what about that Ri-"

"No."

Dazai chuckled at her quick response, "Haven't even finished my sentence yet." Taiyo grumbled under her breath, crossing her arms as the cold night air danced on her cheeks. Her body reacting from the cold sensation as a shiver ran up her spine, her cheeks heating up as a dense mechanism. "Aren't you two besties?"

"Besties is a bit of an exaggeration." She huffed while he looked at her in curiosity. "We're simple acquaintances who have no reason to continue the relationship yet he's so drawn to me."

"Maybe he's got a crush on ya." He suggested, though Taiyo could pinpoint the slight jealousy over the beautiful foreigner, his tone remained light and with a tease to it. "Ew." Dazai chuckled at her reaction, pulling her closer as the cold night air started to go lower and lower.