Chapter 10

Eric stops as he steps inside of his parent's house and a smile graces his lips when he hears his mother's giggle. He tilts his head to a side and focuses before shaking his head he takes a deep breath and turning back leaving the house and his parents who were having a private moment.

Erika giggles as she cups Enzo's face who nuzzles his nose with hers with a grin on his face making her stop giggling and grin instead. He pulls her closer to him as he whispers sweet nothing in her ears making her sigh as she puts her head on his chest and closes her eyes enjoying their moment.

"I am glad" Enzo mumbles as he runs his hands through his mate's hair as his lips touches the tip of her ear.

"Mm" Erika nods in agreement.

"This is our second chance" he mumbles and Erika shifts her head and stares in his eyes.

"When Engel graced us, both of us were too busy with her illness that caused a rift between us, then came Eric but none of us had enough time to be with him and that rift got bigger than both of us could handle...

I have never been a good mate to you piglet, from the very moment you entered my life. And even after I claimed you, I fucked it up, so much that the rift between us and our children I did not handle it well. Engel's illness, Eric's disappearance and my negligence to the fact that you were hurting equally by all these and that hurt turned you bitter...

My beautiful, strong Erika turned bitter and stayed like that way for decades and I as her mate failed her. We should have talked about it; I should have not let you fight all alone. I should have shared what was going on with our daughter but not wanting you to worry about her, I failed you. And that caused you to not understand your daughter, that caused you to stay away, step aside. That made you both not a mother and daughter but total stranger in your own home and that is all on me"

"Baby" Erika breathes but he puts a finger on her lips silencing her as he shakes his head.

"Your howl of pain, piglet...I will never forget it. Pierced right through my heart, if something has had happened, anything...I don't know what I would have done, how I would have lived my life. Always took you for granted baby, always, knew you would be right here for me, all my life no matter how I treated you...

So, take you for granted...biggest mistake of my life...

You did not understand what was wrong with our daughter, you lost our son and I was not there to calm you down. I was never there for you but you were always there for me, every day, every step and always, always took you for granted. If something has happened to you, anything, this life of mine would make no sense, it would be meaningless...

But this, our second chance to re-start" he confesses as he pulls her closer to his body, his hands slowly touching her womb.

"We lost the chance to grow our family not once but twice, missed watching our children grown up. Missed seeing our daughter's smiles and giggles, missed our sons getting in all sorts of troubles. But now, we can restart again, we can raise our child again, we can go through all of this step by step, our child first wail of cry when our baby is out of your womb, we will share the moment our baby opens the eyes for the first time, looks around in confusion, but we will be there to guild our child...

Every step, every smile, every glimpse of mischief, this time we will share it together. I know I have said many of times that I will be there for you but baby this time I won't break my words to you. So, please never, ever forget and forgive me, ever...

Never forget how I neglected you, never forgive me for taking you for granted and always remind me that I am your mate first before I am Enzo Antonio. I am Erika's before I am anything at all" he whispers as he cups her jaw and stares in her eyes making Erika sigh as she closes her eyes and nods.