Chapter 09

Blue glances at her brother as he looks straight and drive silently towards their pack, she shifts to his side and stares at him for more than few seconds making him glance her way.

"What?" he asks and she smiles.

"Have you ever thought of being the Alpha of our pack?" she questions and he does not reply for few seconds making her keep staring at his side before he gives in.

"What's there to think?"

"So, you don't want to?"

"Grandpa will have to eventually give up being one if not now than some day and when that time arrives dad will have to step in"

"But you know dad's reasons he will never"

"I know and I find the reason very stupid"

"Aaron" she scolds him for talking like that about their father.

"He hurt mom, they patched up now they have two kids, I think it's time to move on. Simple as that"

"Dad is guilty"

"Guilt is never an option it's a choice, one makes for themselves and sometimes we need to make changes to those choices. I get it that dad was wrong to treat mom in that way, but mom has forgiven him now he needs to grasp to that forgiveness and step in to his duties...

Grandpa needs dad to step in to be an Alpha, he is the first born, that's his right unless he wants to give it to some outsider. Everyone of our uncles have their own version of reasons why they cannot be the next Alpha and if all of us will keep on making reasons then no one will be there to guide the pack"

"I can be the next Alpha" she smiles and he frowns.

"No, you cannot"

"Jas, that's so sexist"

"Think whatever you want to, you will be mated to Eric some day and that some day is coming soon, very soon. Your duties will lie with your mate not to our pack. He will forever come as your first priority and that's a fact"

"Same can be said about everyone"

"No, because everyone will not have to leave the pack, males don't even leave but females to after they are mated to another pack's wolf and that is the only reality. And don't tell me how wrong it is because that is what it is, no amount of being feminist or whatever will change the fact your first born will be part of Antonio's pack not Martin's"

"You can be very straight forward and your words does hurt" Blue whispers as she glances away from him.

"It's better than lying"

"Still, you thinking I cannot be an Alpha"

"I need dad to occupy that title so when the time is right, I can take it. Grandpa will never hand it over to me so dad need to get it for me"

"So, you will say that to your own sister so one day you can be an Alpha?"

"If you can be so sensitive just with my words then you need to think what will happen when you will be an Alpha. It's not roses and shit when you are an Alpha"

"Our queen is a woman by the way" she points.

"And she will need a King for people to follow her"

"I suddenly don't like you at all" she huffs.

"Mom is an Alpha, but have you ever thought why she never went back to her pack and revive it? I mean she could if she wanted to? But she never, she was here busy with dad, us, her duty suddenly revolved around our pack"