ITP - 28

THIRD PERSON.

FAST FORWARD.

They are now in the US and it’s still 5 PM in the afternoon. They looked into each other and by that, they know that they have lots of questions come to their mind.

“So, let’s eat?” Ariel said and Agnes secretly smiled. She missed being with someone, or should we say, SHE MISSED BEING WITH ARIEL.

“Sure! Where?” She answered and Ariel remembered that hindi naman siya maarte sa kahit na ano’ng pagkain. And at the restaurant that he’s looking up to, they have lots of memories there.

They just looked at each other and it seemed like they can read each other’s mind and so they walked in the same direction and went inside of the restaurant.

MCDONALDS.

They ordered their favorites and Ariel knew that in spite of what happened to them, nothing has changed. Carmen’s still Carmen. Her favorite still fries, chicken fillet, sundae and large coke float.

“You’re still you.” He thought. While looking at her and Carmen is looking at him too.

“Tititigan mo na lang ba ako?” Carmen asked and she giggled because she can’t deny the fact na kinikilig pa din siya kay Ariel.

“Nothing. It seems like we have lots to catch up.” Sabay kumain na at kumakain na din si Carmen.

“Well, yeah. So, do you want to start?” She asked seriously and she feels like she’s nervous because she was scared. By the time that Ariel speaks, pabilis ng pabilis ang tibok ng puso niya.

“Well, after our closure happened, I went home and decided to have vacation here. To get over with you. And, it seems like I can’t do that because you’re here.” They both chuckled.

“But seriously, I wanted to be alone and move slowly. So with that, I can be like Ariel. I mean, the old Ariel.” She looked into Carmen’s eyes and she suddenly felt the pain. Parang kanina lang they are both happy. But, what happened right now? Was it because Ariel wanted to move on already?

“How about you, Carmen? I thought, ''you have work?” He said to divert the topic. He can’t handle the tension of what they have right now. After all these years, this is their first time to talk about everything. As in. EVERY-THING.

“Well, first, I followed my dreams. And second, history repeats itself.” She said plainly. Ariel can’t deny the fact that she feels something about Carmen’s. Maybe, it’s different this time.

“It’s okay if you don’t talk about---” He didn’t finish his words because she saw Carmen’s crying a little bit.

“I followed my dreams to stop my what if’s. I told you before na kahit na ano’ng mangyari sa audition na ‘to, it would always have been worth it. Mom and I fought about my decision. But, my pride won. She can now finally accept the fact that I could reach my dreams. And no matter what, I can finally say that I’m happy. On a second thought, Charles cheated on me. Good thing that I didn’t see them having sex.” She smiled while telling her stories which Ariel felt uncomfortable with and he’s now confused.

“You’re not hurt? Don’t get me wrong, you’re smiling at Kasi while telling me that, eh.” Ariel defended herself which Carmen caused to laugh.

“It’s fine. You are so defensive. Anyway, the reason why I’m smiling is because I saw the woman she’s now familiar with. I met her before we got into the past.”

FLASHBACK.

They are now sleeping and suddenly Carmen woke up because she felt like someone’s looking at her and she’s right. There’s a woman right across the mirror and she asked.

“Who are you? Paano ka nakapasok sa bahay?” She said while she was being nervous.

“You have lots of what if’s, have you?” The lady asked and after that Carmen became more nervous.

“What the hell are you talking about?!” She exclaimed as if no one’s beside her.

“I’m here to answer all of your what if’s. I’ll bring you now to your past in order for you to learn your lesson. Sweetheart, not everyone has your life. So, you better correct the mistakes or the decision that you have made in the future. I know you love Ariel. But you couldn’t deny the fact that you are still thinking about the other man. This is the right time to know what if you chose another path? What if you chose your dream instead of your Mom’s happiness? I’m doing this in order for you to answer the what if’s in your head. It’s time to be completely happy. Or should I say genuinely happy.” Carmen didn’t utter words anymore. And suddenly, parang umikot ang paligid niya. And there she didn’t see Ariel since then.

END OF FLASHBACK.

“So, I chose to be with Charles even if I know someday we’ll cross our paths. And, somehow, I was able to forget you for the meantime. He’s taking good care of me, he was really indeed an ideal guy. Until this happened. He cheated on me. And, this time. I chose a better path. I chose not to be mad at him, I chose not to walk away. If there’s one thing I learned from all of this? Is that when you love someone truly, you have to patiently wait until the time comes to finally continue your love story. And by that, I was able to defend my dream, whether I failed or succeeded, at least, I know, I tried and I did my best. And, you’re right. It’s better to take risks than what if’s.” Carmen said and Ariel just smiled at her while they were finishing their food.

“And by this time, I know that you’re complete and genuinely happy, Babes.” He thought.”