Chapter 10

Chapter 10, woohoo! And I have no idea what to write... so...sorry, please  enjoy :-) I didn't really know where to go from the last chapter, so, sorry if it's boring, please keep reading, it will get better, when I've figured out what to do ;)

Jack again ----------> :-) to the side ----------> that's him:) -------->

I am trying to make the chapters longer... I just like writing fresh, new pieces :-)

Enjoy :) 

*************

The picture blurred in front of me until all I could see were watery shapes. I dumped the phone on the table in front of me. My eyes stung and a tear dribbled down my cheek.

"G-Gemma? Gem, what's wrong?" A blurred shape grabbed the phone from the table.

Okay, I knew I was over-reacting, there could be a completely reasonable explanation for this, and probably was. It was most likely totally innocent. Maybe she was... his friend. But she said she didn't know him? Maybe... she was a model, and he had her picture....? Maybe it wasn't her and I'd made a stupid mistake. But there weren't many woods round here, certainly not as beautiful and recognisable as this, and no one ever went in there, especially wearing an elegant white dress, with firey hair and leaf-green eyes, except her.

But I couldn't help my eyes fill with stinging, unwanted tears. Finally, I had found a friend, someone to make me happy, serve me a purpose in  life, feel wanted. I'd even had a sort-of-boyfriend, and he made me so happy. 

And now it was possibly ruined, before it had even begun.

A tear plopped on to my bare, goose-pimpled leg. I scrubbed at me eyes furiously with my fists. Jack's usual cute, cheerful face was ashen, his blinding white teeth not visible, mouth set grimly in a line.

My heart sunk, right  down with a thud.

"Gemma, I can explain." He said, looking up at me, eyes pleading.

"Right now, I don't want to hear it." I choked out, pushing my crazy waves back from my burning face.

"Please!"

I pushed my chair back and got up off the warm, comfy floral cushion.

"There's a simple explanation, just listen, Gem, please! Or at least let me walk you home, it's dark!"

I sighed. "I'm sure there is Jack, but maybe I shouldn't have trusted you... I hardly know you! But I just don't want to hear it tonight... I-Im upset. I'll see you around."

I stumbled off, along the woodenn platform and out the gate, through the flowerbeds and trees surrounding the lake. I hoped there was a reasonable, but I just didn't want to hear it tonight. Tonight had been amazing, up until this. 

A breeze had picked up. The street lights had peetered  out and the inky black sky almost engulfed me, swampiing me in darkenss. The tree leaves ruffled calmly beside me. It was so quiet and dark hhere, the silence suffocated me.

Suddenly a twig snapped behind me. I whipped round. Between the slim trees, a figure was stood still, watching me. 

************

Oooh, cliffhanger;) hope it's okay, very short chapter:) please comment your thoughts, need to know what you think:) xx